Job description / Role
Prospect Health have been selected to working alongside the largest healthcare provider in Qatar. They are looking for applicants that are well qualified and experienced enough for a senior consultant of Pathology. The organisation prides itself on creating a culture of excellence and takes pride being the only healthcare system in the world that has gained JCI certification across all 10 of its facilities.
The department has a number of Subsections:
- General or routine chemistry
- Special chemistry
They have suggested that they are open to all sub specialist areas of interest and would look to add this work to your clinical privileges once in Qatar, naturally a discussion the with the current clinical director whilst at the interview stage will determine this and how would effect your job plan moving into the position.
Our client has some of the best and advanced laboratory facilities in the world and is geared towards to the provision quality healthcare. This is backed up by their commitment to education and research to remain at the cutting edge.
In Qatar is plenty of room for a healthy work life balance as there is plenty of time off to be taken through the year both as part of your accrued annual leave and indeed through national and Islamic holidays that are scattered thought the year.
Qatar, very much like Dubai or Abu Dhabi has been one of the main locations for British migrants to re-locate to since the late 1990s. Its tax free salaries, excellent weather and cosmopolitan capital Doha make it one of the best places in the world to live, work and raise a family. With lots of shopping, a corniche and the construction of a number of museums have recently been completed Qatar offers lots to do outside of the hospital setting; as with their healthcare system they aim to be a centre of cultural excellence.
The senior consultant will report directly to the Clinical Director/Chair of the department, Senior consultants usually practice in a specific speciality and has oversight responsibility for their team of Consultants and junior doctors.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under their name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under their supervision.
In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under their name) as delineated by their clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities.
In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
Research is an integral component to the Corporation's Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Package and Benefits
- Tax free salaries
- Cutting edge facilities and surgical suites
- Accommodation provided
- Interest free loan for a car
- Business class flights for you and the family
- Medical insurance for you and the family
- Educational assistance for up to 3 children up to the age of 18 (contingent on their being educated inside the state of Qatar)
- Indemnity insurance for your clinic
- End of service bonus( replaces NHS pension contributions you might miss)
- 50 days of bookable leave
- 10-12 days of National And Islamic Holidays
- Incremental increase on salary each year.
- Generous CPD allowances.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
Essential Educational requirements
- Arab Board of Health Specializations
- USA - The American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS)
- Canada - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK - GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany - Fachartz Specialist Certificate
- Sweden - Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand - Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
If you have a specialist certification that is not in this list please contact us and we will review it against the Qatar Council of Health Practitioners Requirements for licensing.
CESR applicants are precluded from senior consultant status in the state of Qatar as per the QCHP's regulations for licensing.
- Senior Consultants with the above qualifications should have held a Senior Consultant post for at least 1 year, or a period of 6 years consultant experience is required.
Soft Skills expected
- Leadership and direction
- Integrity and conviction
- Purpose and focus
- Operational awareness
- Harnessing technology
- Leading people and process change Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Demonstrates ability to apply analytical skill to problem-solve and seek and/or provide advice in ambiguous and dynamic situations.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-awareness seeing, nurturing, monitoring and evaluating the skills of self and others through corporate and community initiatives.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in suggesting ways to improve process efficiency that will result in improving the delivery of patient care services across the corporation.
- Recognizes and accepts accountability for safety and care of patients, colleagues, and general public.
Technical Skills expected
- Governance, teaching and learning.
- Effective communication, report writing and presentation. -Ability to persuade, delegate, motivate and influence others
- Management, teamwork, and networking.
- Ability to support, lead and delegate strategic planning initiative.
- Skilled in financial and personnel planning
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concept of illness as a whole and the ability to impart that concept in the teaching of others
- Planning, organising and time management of self and others.
- Science, research and continuous learning.
- Handling complaints, eliciting feedback, and diffusing difficult situations.
- Application of sound judgement in seeking and providing support and advice in a hierarchical structure.
What Happens Next
If you are interested in finding out more about this position and you have the necessary qualifications, then please hit "Apply".
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.