Job description / Role
Job Title: Senior Performance Analyst
Reports to: Financial Planning & Analyst Manager
You will be responsible for creating report templates and preparation of accurate and timely investment performance reports. Carries out complex ad-hoc analysis for management. Also provides inputs for improving current processes and methods of data analysis and ad-hoc reporting.
- Generate the investment performance & attribution reports to facilitate the review of the investment performance at the investment level, manager level, portfolio level, fund level.
- Responsible for ensuring that the performance reports produced (either predefined or ad-hoc) are complete and accurate and presented and submitted in accordance with our internal policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate with internal teams to collate relevant investment data, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Introduce necessary checks and balances (e.g. data reconciliations) to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data that is used in the performance reporting.
- Identify the ways and means to make the performance analytics efficient and effective.
- Pursue and participate in the continuous development and enhancement of analysis and reporting deliverables (e.g. project work) to meet business requirements.
- Ensure the required supporting documentation on investment data is kept and any information utilised for performance reporting is captured on systems in a structured manner.
- Leverage the expertise and skill set of multi-discipline functions within the Finance Department to improve portfolio analytics.
- Keep abreast of the industry standards (e.g. GIPS) that commensurate with the nature, complexity and the geographical spread of our portfolio, and market dynamics.
- Possess a good awareness of the financial products.
- Microstrategy Report tool experience is highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills and good knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Prior experience in working with data modelling, developing analytics, SQL etc. is highly desirable.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for actions, decisions and results of work for self & others.
- Collaboration: Pursues and develops relationships, and works with others to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Communicating with Impact: Presents information clearly & confidently in one-to-one & group settings.
- Innovation: Generates or facilitates the generation of new ideas, methods, or solutions.
- Leadership: Inspires self and others to achieve the best outcomes for us.
- Communication: Communicates financial information so that is understood by individuals with diverse capabilities and interests.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Collects and monitors data, assessing its accuracy, validity and integrity. Performs analyses, interprets and evaluates results, and creates reports and/or presentations to support business and management decisions.
- Information / Records Keeping: Compiles, assimilates, organises and stores printed and electronic information to achieve objectives of confidentiality, controlled access and easy retrieval.
- Knowledge: Possesses a designated level of technical and/or professional knowledge and skill in a specific area and the ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. For example, knowledge of accounting and IFRS principles and practices, performance reporting standards, knowledge of Financial/Capital Markets, asset classes (as applicable).
- Managing Systems and Work Processes: Understands how to use and operate within our systems and related technologies. Measures evaluate and redesign work processes so that they run more quickly and smoothly and to meet or exceed business needs.
- Reporting: Collects, analyses and summarises data to prepare clear, accurate and concise reports and/or financial statements, using applicable standards for reporting to support business and management decisions
- Graduate in Accounting/Engineering/Economics/Mathematics.
- CIPM qualified
- 3 - 6 years of experience in performance measurement and reporting or portfolio analytics.
- Candidates having exposure to Middle office/Product Control in Investment Management/Financial Services industry are preferable
- Strong and demonstrable reporting skillset
About the Company
With a combined 35 years within the investment management, accounting and software engineering, you can rely on us to identify the perfect candidates, with full discretion, both efficiently and seamlessly to exceed your expectations.