Senior Piping Engineer
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
You will provide piping engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the piping engineering team.
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Technical supervision of project designated piping designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duty.
- Preparation /checking of Specifications, data sheets.
- Performance of bid evaluation and vendor document review and approval
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Works with site personnel to resolve issues.
- Leads on-site support for construction, commissioning, or turn over.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
1. personal well-being;
2. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
3. Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of piping engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in piping engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Knowledge / Experience / Competencies Required
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Specialized expertise of the regulations, codes and standards and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to topsides/plant layout and piping design for oil and gas facilities.
- Extensive current design experience is required in piping engineering, piping stress, pipe supports, topsides & onshore plant equipment layouts and detailed piping design, all gained with notable design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the industry.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power point
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.