Job description / Role
• Ensure timely and accurate management of schedule control activities
• Assist Project Control Director to set up Project Management Plans, with stage wise schedules, milestones, deliverables and timelines as per schedule management plan.
• Conduct regular project site inspections, to assess project progress, as and when required.
• Coordinate with all project parties to collate project status reports.
• Oversee and manage statistical analysis to identify schedule variances of project status against schedule baseline using EVMs and calculate Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
• Ensure that forecasts are modified which result from significant deviations from scheduled baselines.
• Monitor project schedule and implement risk management approaches as decided by Director Project Control and client.
• Analyze trends from past project reports and proactively deploy tools to prevent failures with the help of updated lesson learned documentation.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
Coordinate with various project parties to ensure smooth and timely progress of project control
• Interface with consultants, project team members and client for issues related to planning and scheduling activities.
• Coordinate with Director Project Control for resolution of project control issues.
• Coordinate with contracts department on issues and strategies related to variations and disputed claims.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to QPM clients
Manage client relationships for project plan and progress aspects
• Attend meetings with client for all aspects of project progress.
• Advise clients on schedule variances and potential project risks and suggest and get approvals on remedial actions.
• Interface with client to respond to queries on project plan and control aspects.
• Meet client as requested to obtain feedback on QPM’s project schedule control methodologies and incorporate the same for improvements.
• Ensure timely reporting, management and archiving of project progress
• Calculate and analyse Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and To-complete Performance Index (TCPI)
• Prepare project progress reports.
• Prepare and analyze schedule variance reports and coordinate with Director Project Control for appropriate corrective and preventive action.
• Supervise and assist in the preparation of the project progress reports for client as required.
• Prepare other reports as advised by Director Project Control.
• Appropriately archive all project progress data as per QPM’s policy.
Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices and apply the same for continuous improvements at QPM
• Establish professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project planning and control.
• Adapt and adopt good practices for continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree/relevant degree in the relevant field
• 12 years of experience in planning, scheduling
• Must have Analytical and problem solving
• Must have knowledge on Statistical Control tools & techniques
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Sr. Planning Engineer
MIDMAC Contracting Company
Senior Planning Engineer
Senior Planning Engineer
A Leading Group In Qatar