Job description / Role
WSP is looking for a Senior Planning Engineer for the Lusail Plaza Towers. Lusail Plaza lies at the heart of Lusail City. The Plaza District is defined by four iconic towers providing both a focus to the city and to the Plaza itself. The four towers are positioned in order not to obstruct views and to take full advantage of the coastal aspect. The bases of these towers are shrouded by a series of low level podium buildings that create a series of interconnected unique public spaces where a range of activities can take place.
The role will report to the Planning Manager and you will:
• Ensure proactive project planning, stakeholder and risk management takes place across projects
• Manage, monitor a schedule of forecast resources required to deliver the project. Check the resources against the fee to ensure they balance
• Regularly review resource usage against the schedule and take corrective action where required
• Prepare and update the company's enterprise programme of all running & future projects in Primavera P6
• Create and review baselines, recovery and monthly updated programmes.
• Create and review tender programmes during bidding phases
• Review Project Managers/ Resident Engineer's weekly reports and provide programme inputs as required
• Generate executive summary reports for higher management
• Follow up issue's impacting the projects schedule
• Maintain a data base of projects progress
• Monitoring and analyzing progress & efficiency of each project and reporting to supervisors and managers
• Incorporate additional works into programmes as required and update& maintain additional works logs.
• Review and manage contractors programmes
• Assist in the review and preparation of documents to support claims management and in particular extensions of time
• Present on all the above to Clients and internal managers.
• Holds a BEng /BSc (Hon) degree or equivalent and have at least 10 years post graduate experience in design and/ or construction project planning or planning related functions
• Membership with associated professional body
• Previous experience working for/ or with contractors or project management companies and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Confident in presenting to all stakeholders including contractors and clients
• Experienced in working on claims
• Fully proficient with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
• Previous experience in high rise buildings/towers will be an advantage
• If based in Qatar, MME registration is required
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.