Job description / Role
The Senior Project Engineer Roads & Highways leads the design activities of projects of medium and high complexity. The jobholder ensures a functional, effective and aesthetic design for projects, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. The Senior Project Engineer Roads & Highways is expected to act as a team leader on one or more projects to complete design cycle, including concept design, schematic design, detailed design and preparation of tender documents. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the Roads & Highways design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
• Support the collection of internally available data to support project execution
• Lead discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
• Lead small teams of junior engineers, as needed
• Develop concept designs, including all required drawings and reports, for projects of medium to high complexity, for discussion with clients
• Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports
• Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Transportation) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for design projects of high complexity across all design stages (conceptual, schematic, detailed), as needed
• Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for projects of medium to high complexity, as needed
• Closely work with Project Managers for the review and validation of design deliverables with clients and authorities, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals, as needed
• Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications, Bills of Quantities and Conditions of Contract, and provide support during the tender process, as needed
• Closely work with project teams for reviewing design deliverables of non-complex design projects, including conducting detailed reviews and checks and the issuance of checking reports, as needed
• Support Project Managers in developing, reviewing and updating work programs and man-hour estimates and in managing changes in project scope, schedule or budgets, as needed
• Support Project Managers in managing project budgets, resource allocation and project schedules, as needed
• Support Project Managers in managing project contractual risks, as needed
• Support Project Managers in managing external suppliers and subcontracts and in ensuring the adherence of their deliverables with the project scope, schedule and budget
• Assist Project Managers in monitoring and managing the projects budget and schedule, as needed
• Provide support to Project Managers in developing periodic progress reports, as needed
• Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members deliverables
• Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to RFIs and solving design conflicts, in coordination with local design support teams
• Collaborate and coordinate with engineers in other design centers to ensure optimal knowledge sharing
• Implement corporate policies and procedures
• Bachelor s Degree in Architecture or Engineering or Transportation
• Master s Degree in Architecture or Engineering or Transportation is preferred
• Specialization is preferred
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Planning Engineer - Oil & Gas, Single Status
Senior Project Controls Manager
Senior Planning Engineer - Desalination / Wastewater
|Saudi Arabia||6 Feb|
Section Engineer - Scheduler