Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to work on our infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar.
• You must have completed at least one project in same role that is comparable in complexity and size to the project;
• Preferably, fully conversant with the standard forms of Contracts used in the clients projects.
• Using latest version of Primavera Project Management (P6) and Primavera Web
• Scheduling software for monitoring and reviewing the baselines and updated project schedules and cost;
• Using latest version of Primavera Contract Management (Expedition) as Contract
• Document Management software to track Correspondences, Drawings, Submittals, Material & Equipment Procurement, Daily Reports, Transmittals, Minutes of Meetings, Bill of Quantities, Proposals, Requests for Inspection, Requests for Clarification, Change Orders, Invoices, Payment Requisitions and Snag Lists and linking the Project information in Primavera Contract Management to the Primavera Enterprise Schedule;
• Ensuring the use of standardized forms and reports of the clients which are available in Primavera Contract Management (Expedition);
• Coordinating with the Engineer in the review and integration of the schedule into the clients database and will guide the Contractor in preparation of the schedule to be compatible with the integration requirements;
• Reviewing contractor’s work program submissions including all narratives and supporting information, and provides analysis and findings;
• Verifying actual progress and comparing actual performances to original plans;
• Monitoring, adjusting and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and the consolidating of these results in monthly reports;
• Estimating time element of change orders and submits his analysis to the Engineer and incorporating within the master schedule after authorization;
• Evaluating Contractor’s Extension of Time requests and preparing recommendations to the Engineer.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer based systems (Primavera Project Management ‘P6’ & Primavera Contract Management ‘Expedition’), within the framework of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives;
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project
• Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition) and cost engineering with minimum 15 years of experience, 7 of which should be in a similar role with an engineering consultancy, supervisor consultant or project management consultancy.
• Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records, analyze financial data and generate reports.
• Must have good command of English both written and spoken.
• Computer skills are mandatory;
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Senior Planning Engineer - Oil & Gas
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||30 Nov|
Senior Planning Engineer
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)