Job description / Role
- Responsible for providing safe and reliable operation of the Sewerage Treatment Facility.
- Ensures that appropriate maintenance, quality and safety standards, procedures and records are maintained and guidelines for accident prevention are communicated to his team; acts as a proactive member in plant audits (Safety, Chlorine, etc.).
- Manages and participates in the development and administration of the Operations Unit annual budget; forecasts any additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approval of expenditure; directs and implements adjustments as necessary.
- Responsible for analysing operational performance and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards.
- Monitors and documents on-going process capability to facilitate planning of future treatment capacity expansions at the Sewerage Treatment Plant.
- Manages the Operations Unit to ensure optimal use of Unit resources. Plans, directs, coordinates and review the work plan for the Operations section of a Sewerage Treatment Plant.
- Provides day-to-day direction and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer service oriented work environment that supports achieving the Unit’s and Ashghal’s mission, strategic plan, objectives and values.
- Operates Ashghal’s personnel policies and procedures and performance management processes for his/her team. Keeps abreast of technical developments, relevant regulations and industry best practice. Responsible for ensuring that employees are trained on new developments in methods and technology
- Supervises operational staff, vendors, contractors, and others to ensure peak efficiency and performance of the systems.
- Responsible for planning and management of projects directed to improving sewerage process operations under the supervision of the Plant Manager and the Engineering Management Department.
- Responsible for recommending systems and operations improvements utilizing new technology.
- Responsible for establishing a protocol of analysis and system metrics to monitor and analyze
- Sewerage system usage and efficiency; prepares periodic progress reports to the plant manager.
- Evaluates and responds to inquiries and complaints from customers, employees and other government agencies in coordination with the Plant Manager and the Public Relation Department.
- Ensures Supervisory Control and Date Acquisition (SCADA) system integrity through inspecting the regular backing up of application and system software, historical data, and current database information.
- A Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Process or Environmental Engineering with a specialisation in Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Sewerage Treatment Plants and quality and safety management and at least 3 years in a managerial position
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering is required
About the Company
Ashghal is the Public Works Authority in the State of Qatar and is responsible for the construction and management of Roads, Highways, Waste Water facilities and Public Buildings.
It aims at being responsive at all times to the nations needs by providing effective community service and engagement to ensure that it is continuously meeting changing needs. Ashghal seeks to deliver state-of-the-art infrastructure development that caters for Qatar\\'s social, economic and political flourishing while being the Quality advocates.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Process / Commissioning Engineer
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Tunnelling M+E Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Production Engineer IDC