Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose:
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), the Senior Production Engineer [Dedicate Overall In-charge for Special Project] provides the technical & technological problem-solving ability of production engineering process and planning abilities in order to lead the entire project piping workstream of a vessel or offshore and control production process installation, repair, modification or new routing of piping systems and their components. Work is executed to a high quality & auditable standard that is consistent with contract work scope, statutory & code requirements, Integrated Management System (IMS) procedures, design parameters, site survey input, Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), stress inputs and vendor data. This job, and subordinates, are performing final pipe install, modification, repair, routing activities onboard a project environment. Reporting to the main piping manager but providing service for the Project Manager & understands full piping scope, system and process.
1. The Senior Production Engineer (Lead project represented for piping section) for the piping workstream reports to the Piping Manager and holds the responsibility to lead more than one vessel concurrently for normal refit works. It is expected the Senior Engineer understands full piping scope & system and its repair, refit, retrofit and newbuild coordinates with clients, engineering, procurement, quality and planning department for project preparation and planning.
2. Coordinates for OFE (Owner Finished Equipment) and YFE (Yard Finished Equipment) for delivery dates which is related for projects.
3. Controls execution of all piping works onboard vessel such as installation, repair, modification, new routing etc.
4. Conducting daily project meeting with the own team to meet the schedule.
5. Monitoring & controlling the budgeted man-hours against the plan, including capturing additional billable work (cost control).
6. Monitors and control the budgeted materials against the plan, including capturing additional billable materials (cost control).
7. Coordinates with production workshop & production engineering, to ensure that all fabrication and scope of works meet the plan.
8. Works with the Project Manager to ensure the sequence of piping works fits in with broader work stream schedules
9. Prepares the work completion forms upon job completion and applies Permit to Work (PTW) system.
10. Ensures work are executed to a high standard to facilitate successful job inspections.
11. Coordinates with other trades to ensure end-to-end smooth operations and work completion.
12. Apply a wide knowledge of engineering practices to resolving management challenges related to production to accomplish the production process in the most effective, efficient and most-economic way.
13. Ensure the integrity of the both on board and workshop activity like cutting, beveling, fit-up & inspection, welding & brazing, flushing & chemical cleaning, pressure testing etc.
14. Coordinate and follow up with production engineers for the workshop fabrication, welding, pressure testing and chemical cleaning.
15. Responsible to scale and integrate physical, human and financial resources at meet high efficiency levels at the lowest possible cost & in pursuit of continuous further improvement. Monitor the daily manpower/manhour consumption for the projects and report to manager. Monitor the daily manhour consumption for the projects and update to section manager for any discrepancy. Plan and allocate the manpower as per the vessel work scope. Closely monitor the daily manpower allocation (WHA). Addresses additional manpower requirements to the section manager to allocate additional manhours needed. Ensure completion of the project within the agreed timeframe and manhours allocated.
Accountabilities - 2
16. Closely monitor the section workforce movement for vacation employees, Validating Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar ID passes. Monitoring daily food requests prior to submission for approval.
17. Raise Subcontractor Request for subcon manpower if required. Collect the project /vessel specs from the commercial department and assist Piping Manager to assign the piping engineer for the project. Allocate the manpower for the vessels as per the project work scope.
18. Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
19. Review the piping section Work Instructions (WI), Risk Assessment (RA) to cover all the piping activities. Closely follow-up the project in charges for the vessel documentation (SI/Technical Query Report/Work Completion Form/Lesson learnt & Project Postmortem) after completion of vessels.
20. Foster an engaging culture of safe and productive work through role modelling N-KOM's values.
21. Prepare fit for purpose work Permits & Risk Assessments for the identification, control and/or mitigation of workplace risk.
22. Review and update the section Risk Assessments/Environmental Aspects & Impacts as per the latest safe practice and get approval from piping manager.
23. Apply mathematics and statistics to model production systems during decision making process.
24. Design, implement and refine products, services, processes and systems taking in consideration any constraints and local nuances whether supplier, buyer, substitutes, or new emerging information.
25. Apply appropriate knowledge in order to design, redesign or improve product & service functionality. Drive and implement process improvements to reduce assembly hours and build cost.
26. Apply concepts and quality techniques throughout the entire production process & system and deploy organizational standards for control proceedings and auditing.
27. Stay up to date with technological developments, enabling them to enterprises and society;
28. Manage and optimize flow (information and production flow).
29. Apply knowledge to application of castings, machining processing, joining processes, metal cutting & tool design, metrology, machine tools, machining systems, automation, jigs and fixtures, die and mold design, machine designing and manufacturing etc.
• A Diploma or a Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motorship), or its equivalent.
• At least 5 years’ relevant working experience for Degree Holders and at least 5 years of experience for Diploma Holders (at least 5 years of experience as supervisory role).
Job Specific Competencies:
• Isometric Drawing Interpretation Skill
• Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Drawing Interpretation Skill
• General Arrangement (GA) Drawing Interpretation Skill
• Knowledge of the Marine Piping System
• Knowledge of material standards such as American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Petroleum Institute (API), etc.
• Knowledge of lifting gears
• Knowledge of mode of transportation and lifting equipment’s
• Knowledge of the heavy lifting, logistics and transportation
• Software Knowledge in Auto cad
• Software Knowledge in Bentley
• Drawing skill for International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and General Arrangement (GA)
• Knowledge of Drawing symbols.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.