Job description / Role
Position: Senior Project Engineer
Company : Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Location : Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose:
As senior project engineer, incumbent is responsible for planning, design and execution of ship repair, offshore and new buildings projects focusing on engineering side of the project execution. The role require the senior project engineer to closely work with project team and handle all engineering requirements independently and coordinate with the trades and project management team for various engineering and design requirements of the project.
• Responsible for handling high value and technically challenging engineering projects in ship repair, conversion, new build and off shore jobs.
• Assist the Project Management Head in planning and implementing day-to-day operations in compliance with the established standards and procedures.
• Ensuring engineering work undertaken is accordance with Departmental Work Instructions, Procedures and Standards.
• Responsible to maintain and update the client supplied engineering drawing register, maintain separate records of sample drawings issued by client and schedule for the assigned projects.
• Supervise, maintain and update the yard engineering deliverables list and schedule and submission of engineering status reports for weekly and monthly progress meetings.
• Coordinate with the trades and project management team for various engineering and design requirements of the ship repair, new build and offshore projects.
• Responsible to liaise with the client, class and third party agents on engineering requirements and advise the project team on the various technical aspects with regards to class and standard engineering practices.
• Preparation and submission of engineering design, method statements and specific procedures in line with client requirements and ensure the timely submission of yard engineering reports and progress details to the client.
• Ensure the timely receipt of client engineering details so as not to hamper smooth construction and highlight the requirement of critical documents in advance.
• Preparation and submission of the As-built drawings and data in accordance with contract requirements.
• Preparation and submission of the spare parts and interchangeability record and related documentation.
• Preparation, compilation and submission of operation and maintenance manuals as required.
• Preparation, compilation and submission of commissioning checklist and completion documents.
• Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
• Performs other related duties or assignments as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department.
• Marine/Mechanical/Naval Architect Engineering Degree.
• Project Management Qualifications are desirable.
• Previous experience in Project Engineering with good technical competency in Ship repair, Conversion, offshore & New Build. Sea going experience is highly preferred.
• 8 years relevant working experience
Job Specific Competencies:
• Ability to use Project Management techniques.
• Ability to focus more on contractual objectives and technical solutions.
• Good knowledge in engineering drawings, ship building softwares and engineering design techniques.
• Good knowledge on Client management, contract management, maintaining HSEQ on projects, understanding of commissioning management.
• Stress Tolerance and Adaptability.
• Leadership and Negotiation Skills.
• Critical Thinking.
• Good Team player
• Planning & Organising skills
• Customer focused
• Risk Management Skills.
• Cost Conscious
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.
Project Engineer - Mega Projects
British Company With An Expanding Office In Dubai
Project Manager - Construction
|Abu Dhabi||10 Aug|
Project Engineer - Construction
Equinox Global Investments