Job description / Role
- This position shall manage engineering activities for the projects to ensure that targets are met and progress is delivered for client-managed Projects.
- Provide engineering support related to the Project.
- Draft, review or recommend any engineering-related documents as required.
- Review and ensure that engineering principles are incorporated and applied.
- Identify, develop, and promote Programme and Project required engineering policies.
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
- Attendance at relevant meetings.
- Provide support to managers where required
- Provide regular progress reports and elevate issues to the Authority.
- Manages the day-to-day operational & contract aspects of projects.
- Responsible for providing feedback regarding project progress, deviations, and changes, and ensuring that the projects are delivered to Client Standards.
- Responsible for taking possession of the site (site possession), arranging pre-start kick-off meetings, and ROs. Provides any necessary approvals officially to the Consultant.
- Review and approve project control system which measures the progress/performance, provides early warning of deviations from plan, and identifies corrective actions to be taken.
- Monitors in liaison with the traffic unit traffic diversions to ensure they are effective and safe.
- Ensures that quality control and safety plan compliance are implemented and maintained to QCS & Client Specifications in coordination with the Quality Department.
- Reviews deliverables across projects to minimize exposure and risk.
- Manages scope and achieves goals set for the projects and confronts any issues quickly.
- Ensures the timely handover (delivery) of the project.
- Certification of progress claims submitted by the consultants and contractors.
- Prepare and submit reports to senior management on work progress status.
- Inspects the construction sites regularly to ensure conformance to design specifications and adherence to quality.
- Interprets, explains, and enforces regulations and policies, and then communicates with the construction team regarding any possible changes to plans and problem resolution.
- Ensures that consultants and contractors produce regular reports on damages, accidents, delays, bad weather, and other emergencies.
- Ensures contractors observe applicable safety rules and regulations. Identifies non-compliances and suggests corrective actions with consultants and contractors.
- Monitor and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Actively encourages effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Actively leads the team, requests project progress updates, and arranges and chairs technical and coordination meetings.
- Manage and review the performance of various consultants and contractors in terms of engineering.
- Review and recommend various designs throughout the lifetime of a project.
- Apply international design standards across various projects.
- Experience in technical reviews and in design coordination; also experience in technical design software.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure projects or programs, preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Experienced in the management of a team of professional staff.
- Experience working with and within government agencies or clients side generally at a senior level.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering procedures.
- A “rounded profile”, with experience in leading multidisciplinary engineering/design teams (the successful candidate will also be able to mobilize people and teams and by their leadership skills lead teams and secure successful deliverables).
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Engineering or Architecture or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Ashghal/Government processes and procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Valid Qatar Driving License.
- Evidence of suitable professional qualification CEng or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience of working client side as a secondee in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
About the Company
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Construction Manager - Infrastructure/Earthworks/Buildings
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||4 Apr|
Site Engineer - Roads
Civil Construction Manager - Airports
Red Sea Global (RSG)