Senior Project Engineer - Offshore Projects
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Actively support the Worley One-Way program and ensure there is a HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements including those documents required in design and procurement activities.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in developing, communicating, implementing and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) .
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Identify, document, communicate and meet the client's requirements.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within Worley' total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP procedures.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Contribute to the development of overall project schedule.
- Supervise work in accordance with the approved schedule
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to compliance with Worley policies and procedures.
- Utilise, as appropriate, strong working knowledge of Worley engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Regularly provide clear reports to project management.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Visibly support risk identification and mitigation throughout the project.
- Set clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client's Basis of Design and apply regulations and codes.
- Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Assess procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
What you will bring
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Ability to supervise and coordinate multidiscipline projects.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment
- Previous experience as a project engineer on projects in excess of US$50m total value.
- Candidate must have a vast experience in Oil and Gas - Hydrocarbons.
- Offshore Brownfield experience.
- Process or Mechanical background.
- Excellent technical skills & strong engineering planning capability.
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Substantial technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in project engineering on smaller projects, with associated commercial and contractual experience.
- Minimum of 14 years industry experience, and 8 years in project management
- Previous experience in Qatar or Middle East is preferred
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status
- PMP credential is an advantage.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.