Job description / Role
• To manage and oversee relevant assigned project/s mainly, Transit and Rail to provide timely project management services.
• Defines the project scope, goals, and deliverables to deliver Qatar rail objectives.
• Liaises with project stakeholders and suppliers on an ongoing basis and keeps them aware of progress or delays and assists in finding resolutions.
• Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team (QR, PMCs, Contractor).
• Monitors the success of the project delivery and team members’ performance and provides input when required.
• Administers the delivery of the project and ensures that deadlines are met, and the work progress meets the project plan.
• Liaises with the Project controls Manager to develop a work schedule for assigning resources to the activities required to complete the project.
• Supervises the administration side of the project.
• Drafts status / progress reports on project to the Project Director
• Financial Assists the Project Director to prepare budget for the project.
• Supports the tendering process for the selection of related civil works contractors.
• Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and liaises with the Project Director to review potential sourcing strategies and required approvals.
• Recruits required staff and assesses candidates’ qualifications.
• Professional qualifications (Minimum Degree Level) in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
• At least 15 years of experience in managing delivery of large projects preferably in railways.
• Relevant Experience with High-Speed Rail, Maglev and other Rail Technology is plus
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Head of Construction
Head of Major Projects (Senior Project Director)
|Saudi Arabia||10 Mar|
Construction Manager (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager - Construction Supervision