Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Provides direction and management for every phase of a major program to ensure on-schedule completion within or below budget and in accordance with contractual obligations. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of customer objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or subtask. Acts as the Company representative with the customer and selected suppliers during the program execution.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the program and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Assigns responsibility to executing project plans for key subordinates and assesses how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Promotes technical excellence as well as the improvement of the Quality Improvement Process.
- Mobilizes Company resources, through effective liaison with support departments and other Worley offices to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Demonstrates integrity as a person who is trusted by other and consistently honours their commitments. Promotes and defends equal opportunities. Builds diverse and inclusive teams
- Effectively leads project team comprised of multi-disciplined members. Implements communication tools and processes to ensure all team members are informed of project status.
- Monitors and reports to senior management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Oversees establishment of Work Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan and other documents for hazardous waste work. May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of customers.
- Completes other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate.
- Typically manages multiple, complex projects or programs. This includes major and/or mega projects. Ability to visualise and design new concepts and ideas related to technical/functional projects; Broad knowledge of business operations and ability to implement and sometimes lead organisational change effectively within project scope; Solutions are derived from interpreted and applied general information and consultation with other individuals. Typically manages work directly through project leads or other project Managers.
- Ability to visualise and oversee the design of new concepts and ideas related to the broader organisation as well as functional area of expertise and Broad knowledge of business operations and ability to implement and lead organizational change effectively; Solutions are derived from interpreted and applied general information and consultation with other individuals
- The ability to effectively communicate and present complex program proposals and reports to executive level management, and customers is critical. Participative management style with a cooperative team approach. Proven leadership skills in multi-cultural and possibly multi-national environments. Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- General attributes required of all Worley employees involved in leadership include: Diversity and Inclusion, Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Leadership Skills including Strategic Ability, Managing Vision & Purpose, Command Skills, and Global Business Knowledge.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Substantial technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in project engineering on smaller projects, with associated commercial and contractual experience
- Extensive experience working on FEED and lumpsum projects
- Experience working in the Middle East will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in execution of LSTK Carbon capture projects would be preferred but is not mandatory
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training :
- A full-time Bachelor of engineering degree from an accredited university.
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status Eligible for Certified Practising Project Practitioner (CPPP) certification or equivalent
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.