Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects in a client environment. PM will manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run a project or multiple projects on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to guide groups and be a primary facilitator
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to shape client expectations
- Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
Security Domain Skills
- Depth of knowledge in the core security domains
- An understand of contemporary and legacy security technologies
- Basic understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT)
The successful consultant will be an internal advisor to other IBM consultants and to clients. The consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, deal closure, and the delivery of security consulting services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years Project Management experience in large client facing role.
- At least 2 years' experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm
- At least 5 years' experience managing Security Services Projects
- Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience working with Security practitioners
- Readiness for customer related travel 50% inside IMT
- NL : Fluency English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's Degree
- Secondary language
- Experienced in working with security consulting teams
- Experienced in working in international deployment roles
- Experienced in management consulting
- CISPP, CISM certification
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
IBM Middle East
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International
Senior Project Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Digital Project Manager
Associate Director / Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection