Senior Project Planner
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers.
- Provide Project Control input to tenders and presentations to Clients.
- Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Discipline Manager.
- Ensures the project work is covered for vacation and unplanned absences.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training.
- Assists in the employee performance review process.
- Facilitates coverage of activities when people leave the team.
- Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements
- Maintain critical path diagrams and computer analysis of programme to ensure project target dates are met.
- Maintain the current and baseline schedule, control budgets, analyse the effect of proposed changes and maintain the baseline change control authorisation process.
- Preparation and update of Project Controls sections of the PEP, including WBS, CBS, Risk management, contingency management, progress measurement & reporting, project reports, etc.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Must be fully conversant with the terms and is capable of applying cost engineering, estimating and planning engineering practices contained in AACE and PMI standard practices.
- Must have sound understanding of project delivery phases and activities performed in phase as detailed in WPMP / EMS procedures and guidelines.
- Must have strong supervisory experience working on major EPC/LSTK contracts, in working on projects within the Oil and Gas, Infra and industrial sectors
- Strong knowledge of and the interrelationship between good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up.
- Understands the project scope and commercial conditions and deal with contractual and claims issues.
- Must have working experience with scheduling and cost control softwares;
- Working knowledge of "three-point estimating" and confidence levels of estimates (for cost and duration) based on the value of SIGMA (Standard Deviation) Concept
- Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, procurement - materials & sub-contracts, construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, and document control
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes the customer, engineering disciplines, construction management team, and 3rd party suppliers
- Establish good relations with the Clients' senior staff, seeking to eliminate criticism and to promote understanding.
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Certification by PMI (PMP) and/or AACE or similar accredited project management institute
- Minimum 18 years planning/cost control experience within the oil and gas industry, of which at least 8 years must be as a Project Controls Engineer for an offshore/onshore projects
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience and eight (8) years extensive experience in project planning and scheduling, TIC & services cost management, earned value & risk analysis, cash flows, invoice, performance measurement, and milestones & project auditing.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.