Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Schedule implementation and analysis of earned value measurement method appropriate for project and disciplines/work-packs (engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning).
- Maintain alignment between Planning and Costing via the Project Breakdown Code defined in Worley WPMP and EMS procedures.
- Construct linked planning network and be able to run forward / backward passes, knows what effects constraints have on schedule calculations, analyse / demonstrate the critical path method.
- Attend project / client meetings and be able to present, support and explain matters related to the project schedule.
- Liaise with Project Engineers to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers and ensure application of resource loading and levelling into the project schedules.
- Review, verify, assess contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s).
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules and resource forecasts for all projects through liaison with project team and relevant Discipline Engineers, Project Engineers/Leaders and Construction Leaders.
- Ensure that critical path diagrams and electronic analysis of all project plans are maintained, including communication of data to relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Develop and maintain high level project plans, ensuring that necessary adjustments are made based on flow of information from key stakeholders to ensure delivery of the Project Manager Schedule/ Construction Management Plan, including the identification of emerging issues and the recommended corrective action plans.
- Responsible for the production and communication of project progress reports including deliverables (ie: overall project schedules, S-curves, Actual vs Plan, short term look ahead, project actions and critical issues identification).
- Responsible for the management of data transfer between Cost Control and Planning systems to ensure costs and schedules are captured accurately within all reporting databases.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of project planning and scheduling systems and reporting methodology consistent with Company and Customer project management platforms.
- Assist with the Management of Change (MOC) procedures as they pertain to the recording and adjustment of project plans.
- Ensure that reports and project submissions are generated and appropriately distributed to meet Customer requirements, including the integration of Worley and Customer databases and information management systems.
- Research and identify technical developments and changes within planning/scheduling tools and practices that will assist with managing project deliverables.
- To develop realistic solutions to planning projects as identified by Worley and communicate ongoing status and deviation analysis of the work.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface.
- Develop, maintain Project Execution schedule and ensure alignment on project assumptions with cost engineering, cost estimation, risk management and project management.
- Develop contract key and milestones dates which is align with the overall project schedule and ensure the availability and levelling of resources through the project/portfolio.
- Develop and maintain project resource profiles, including the monitoring of cost currency and time resource profiles in InControl systems.
- Effective coordination and cooperation between project team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning and document control.
- Prepare complex engineering and construction schedules for major project proposals and projects in process.
- Maintaining schedules on a current basis as well as ensuring proper timing, compatibility and competency of supporting schedules;
- Initiating or preparing reports to management regarding project scheduling;
- Working closely with project management to improve performance in project planning and execution;
- Assigning and reviewing work of subordinate scheduling staff
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Minimum 12 years' experience in Project Planning roles Oil & Gas Industry.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Brown Field Project Planning, with experience in Brown Field O&G related Project Delivery.
- Experience in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, systems completion, maintenance and shut-down planning processes, planning tools and project management and control techniques
- Ability to interpret project controls documentation and prepare planning documents in accordance with Worley and industry standard practices
- Experience in assisting and guiding Planners.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Certification by PMI (PMP) and/or AACE or similar accredited project management institute is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of computer-based cost and planning tools, adept in the use of Excel, Access, Microsoft Office, MS Project or equivalent packages.
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.