Job description / Role
About the Role:
* Manage the commercial administration of the Project in compliance with the Authority /PMC Project commercial administration procedures.
* Manage the checking of Contractor's interim payment applications.
* Monitoring of the Contractor's control over time and cost in accordance with the Construction Contract.
* Review and address all Contractor's/Clients variations and claims and provide written response to the SRE.
* Advise the Engineer on contractual issues as they arise.
* Identify cases were claims may be a potential or imminent possibility and notify the Engineer of the same.
* Study and prepare reports providing recommendation to the Engineer on claims submitted by the Contractor for Relief for Cost.
* Manage the change management process including preparing the Business Case for the change for Client approval and preparing Site Instructions for issue by the Engineer.
* Study, prepare and provide recommendation for Variation Orders
* Manage the maintenance of variation and claims logs.
* Chair biweekly Commercial Meetings and prepare minutes.
* Chair ad-hoc meetings to discuss claims.
* Provide Input to Monthly Progress Reporting as required.
* Participate in Monthly Progress Meetings with the Contractor/Engineer/Authority as required.
* Interface with other construction supervision team members to meet overall program deliverables.
* Manage the Commercial Team by allocating specific sections of the work to meet the needs of the programme, mentoring and training to ensure competence levels match the needs of the project and reviewing staffing levels
* Study contractual correspondence issued by Contractor's and prepare responses.
* Review draft correspondence prepared by construction supervision team members and upgrade for issue.
A typical week would include:
* Input to KPI scoring and Risk management and reporting
* Manage the record keeping and time sheet approval process to support submission of consultant fee notes to the Client
* Other day to day project delivery issues allocated by the SRE.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Sound knowledge of the contract administration aspects of major civil & infrastructure projects including roads, bridges and utilities.
* Good technical awareness of major road and infrastructure construction techniques.
* Undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying from accredited internationally recognized university
* Professional qualified and chartered by a recognized International Professional Body e.g. MRICS, MCIOB
* Experience in international contracting forms, FIDIC or FIDIC based bespoke forms
* Minimum fifteen (15) years managing major infrastructure projects
* Experience in claims and dispute resolution methods
* Fluency in English language both written and spoken
* Computer literacy
* Middle East Experience preferred
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.