Job description / Role
- Record and monitor all site activities and costs being expended on the project.
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence in conjunction with the Contracts Manager
- Prepare, submit and negotiate project interim valuation and final accounts.
- Prepare sub-contractors payments and record/monitor of all site works.
- Preparation of monthly commercial reports in conjunction with PM and site team.
- Reconciliation of materials and works executed during the month.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Able to work well within a team-based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Supply all relevant information to the Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assist the Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or Quantity Surveying is a must.
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in Infrastructure and Roads Company.
- Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major civil works, Utilities, infrastructure and roads projects, preferably where Ashghal are the Client
- Good knowledge and experience of contract forms related to major Ashghal Civil Works projects (LRDP & Expressway experience is preferable)
- Ability to recognize contractual obligations of both the company and its subcontractors.
- GCC experience (in particular of Qatar would be an advantage)
- Good knowledge of infrastructure methods and materials.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsiveness to clients’ needs
- Either RICS or working towards professional accreditation
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Ignite Search & Selection
Sr. Quantity Surveyor
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Quantity Surveyor MRICS
Senior Quantity Surveyor(Chartered)