Job description / Role
• Ensures accuracy of all monthly applications including assessment of all Variations for accuracy in time and cost analysis.
• Checks and verifies accuracy of all monthly valuations of work in progress
• Prepares and monitors Contractors project cash flow forecasts
• Measures, values and negotiates contract variations as directed by the Commercial
• Provides advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters
• Provides assistance in drafting and review of project correspondence
• Participates in commercial vetting of sub-contractor and supplier tenders and contracts
• Verifies contractors monthly valuations and final accounts
• Ensures that commercial processes are adhered to at project level
• Reviews accuracy of all Tender Plans prior to issuing for approval
• Monitors indices for fluctuations in core materials identified in the Contract
• Assists in administration of all Provisional Sums
• Minutes Commercial Meetings and distribute action lists
• Checks and approves the accuracy of all submissions for payment
• Manages budgets and highlight in advance any risks to the project
• Reviews and approves the accuracy of applications for expenditure of provisional
• Liaises with the internal Finance Department
• Prepares presentations for delivery to senior management reflecting financial status
• Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar
• 10 years of work experience, post qualification, preferably in a Heavy Civil or railway environment managing teams on delivery of multi phased projects
• Working knowledge of FIDIC Contracts and management of key Contract Clauses
About the Company
Origin International is a specialist recruitment company set up to supply highly skilled Engineering and Construction staff throughout the Middle & Far East, and as we are a privately-owned company we are free from some of the political pressures that surround many of our rivals. We have a strong emphasis on client relationships and candidate satisfaction.
We are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment service of temporary, long term and permanent candidates to all roles within the construction and engineering sector.
Placing emphasis on honesty, respect and reliability we build long term relationships with the people and organisations with whom and which we work.
By matching the right person to the right job we take the pain out of recruitment for both our clients and candidates, realising their potential.