Job description / Role
Team Lead (QS) – Stadiums & Sports Projects (Overlay & Operational Readiness)
Digby Morris’ client is a construction and project management consultancy with headquarters in the UK. Founded 80yrs ago in the UK, it has grown to a network of 90 offices in 40 countries serving clients across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With a staff compliment in excess of 100 professional staff in Doha, the company is working in a pivotal role in the delivery of a highly prestigious and valuable programme of ‘major’ sports stadia projects. With specific responsibility for event operational readiness and sports venue overlay, the company has an immediate need for a Senior QS or Managing QS to manage the service delivery team on this iconic contract.
• Managing a team of 6 QSs, (likely to increase to 8-9), the incumbent will be the principle point of contact to the end client, and primarily tasked with providing cost assurance and project controls advice to the client’s programme manager. Overseeing third party QS consultancies, the individual will be operating at a macro level providing high level cost consultancy services to ensure projects are delivered within budget and according to contract.
• As well as offering long term career prospects with a world class employer, the financial benefits of the role are highly competitive extending to an all inclusive tax free monthly lump sum in the region of QR40-50k per month + medical, mobilisation and performance related bonuses.
• Be under 60 years of age as of 1st January 2018
• Events, Games & Tournament Experience (Overlay and Temporary Construction and Infrastructure)
• 10 – 15 years’ experience
• Strong Quantity Surveying Experience
• Strong Consultancy training
• International Experience
• English first language
• Strong clear communicator
• Manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Educated in the UK or Ireland in a recognised university
• Previous Middle East experience
• Consultancy background
• Understanding of project controls on £500m+ programmes in construction/engineering projects
• Able to mobilise in not less than 8 weeks
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Quantity Surveyor - British Cost Consultancy - MRICS
Ignite Search & Selection
A Leading Architectural Company in the UAE