Job description / Role
Client is an International consultancy that has recently been awarded a new project.
The Senior Resident Engineer will represent the consultant on the project and will administer the operational functions of the day-to-day activities of the construction supervision on the project. Will supervise the work of the members of the construction supervision team to ensure that the project will be completed as per the contract.
• Direct supervision and coordination of the construction works to achieve construction in accordance with the Contract Documents.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team namely, the Resident Engineers, Inspectors, Surveyors and Materials teams.
• Lead the construction supervision team.
• Manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
• Act as the point of contact for Contractors.
• Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports.
• Asses the progress and inform the PMC and the client in case of delay.
• Identify specific problems that have occurred, and the proposed solutions by the Contractors, as appropriate.
• Provide claims analysis support, including dispute resolution.
• Participate in contract close-out activities.
• Chair the progress meetings with the Contractor and report on issues, as necessary.
• Monitor the Contractor’s performance.
• Monitor concerned authorities (agencies) approvals.
• Set and monitor duration of submittal review and approval of shop drawings, material submittals, etc.
• Monitor and manage the as built records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project.
• Check and verify the information in the Contractor’s daily report including all the resources (labour, equipment and materials).
• Maintain awareness of contracts financial status.
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.