Job description / Role
• Understand the Road Operation and Management Department scope, tasks and target
• Coordinate with Contractor / Sub-contractor for installation and maintenance of Directional signs and in coordination with the Consultants / RDD / MME etc..,.
• Monitor Contractor / Sub-contractor work schedules for projects, set priorities and ensures the appropriate assignment of equipment, materials, and personnel.
• Coordinate with Engineers of other zones to ensure overall coherence on the roads function schedule and direction.
• Prioritize projects and assign work to Contractor / Sub-contractor maintenance crews to repair signs etc., taking into consideration criticality of work to be executed.
• Conduct and assist in fieldwork through on-site inspections and prepare maintenance activity reports.
• Supervise work carried out by contractors / Sub-contractor as per standards and signoff on jobs.
• Ensure that incidents / emergencies reported are attended to and resolved by the maintenance contractors or in-house teams
• Perform emergency roads signs maintenance and respond to public complaints and requests/ calls received from MOTC
• Assist the project team in ensuring that roads signs maintenance works are carried out to the specified technical standards and that corrective action is taken as needed.
• Develop the quarterly, annual and long term preventative and routine maintenance plans to ensure that the roads perform to the specified level of operations based on asset management standards and recommendations
• Provide technical advice to the consultants regarding design, installation or program modifications and repairs onsite. Coordinate with the Design Department to develop and implement improvements to existing road signs.
• Manage, supervise and monitor the performance of maintenance contractors to ensure adherence to defined SLAs
• Coordinate with the police department to obtain areas of high risk/ accidents that require maintenance/ repair.
• Provide inputs to the Asset Affairs team on condition of road signs and any upgrades/ improvements required.
• Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards.
• Ensure adherence to Quality and Health and Safety in work and other Company procedures and comply to any new work instructions
• Perform other duties/ tasks as required
• Bachelor Degree or higher level qualification in Engineering in a relevant subject.
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Holder of Accreditation from the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) or similar would be an advantage
• Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
• Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a similar position
• Knowledge of Maximo EAMS or equivalent system with regard to operation, system administration and training
• Experience in managing renovation & maintenance of Directional Signs preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages and in particular Microsoft Excel 2010
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Roads Maintenance Expert
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Civil Site / Construction Manager
|East Timor||28 Nov|
Civil Engineer – Bridge Engineer
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Civil Inspector - Future Opportunities
KEO International Consultants