Job description / Role
• To ensure compliance with the client’s objectives, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Lead, manage, guide and motivate team members to deliver ROMD objectives, ensure they work safely and comply with all company policies, procedures and regulations and provide technical expertise and knowledge when required
• Develop a safety culture improvement strategy for ROMD and associated contractors in line with the client’s vision and values.
• Ensures, in accordance with guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems
• Responsible for Overall Supervision of the Health & Safety related aspects of the project.
• Assists the Contracts, Engineering and Operations Department in their dealings with Contractors in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work
• Conduct review of available documents such as HSE Plan, RA/MS, and Emergency Preparedness Plans etc.
• Lead investigations of serious incidents on any ROMD site which involves fatality or large scale emergency evacuation and provide report and recommendations within agreed timescales
• Provide and agree annual plans and budgets for successful implementation of H&S strategy and manage delivery against target
• Advice and provide health and safety support to the managers, supervisors and employees enabling them to fulfil their HSE responsibilities and to promote the organization HSE culture.
• Setup annual HSE audit program i.e. schedule, resources, target locations etc.
• Lead 2nd Party Safety audits & Workers Welfare /Accommodation inspections of contractors.
• Ensure implementation of latest version of Work Zone Traffic Management Guide (WZTMG)
• Conduct contractor appraisals by reviewing necessary safety documentation & systems
• Lead successful implementation of H&S policies, management systems, standards and working practices in ROMD and ensure all ROMD employees and contractors comply
• Liaise with the Quality, Safety and Environment Department to ensure alignment of systems and working practices
• Determine H&S training needs and provide necessary justification for need, scope and people to be trained
• Define, implement and manage production of all H&S reports and identify trends and variances which require further investigation and action
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Relevant Subject (e.g. Engineering/ Health and Safety)
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Holder of Diploma in NEBOSH, OSHA or equivalent
• Certified as BS OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 lead auditor
• GRAD IOSH/ Tech IOSH membership.
• Holder of certificate in Temporary Traffic Management, Working at Height, First Aid and Risk Assessment as a minimum
• Current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
• Minimum 5-8 years’ relevant experience, preferably working in road industry including five years in a H&S management position and leading a team.
• In depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures
• Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organization preferably in the Middle East
• Knowledge of management systems and ISO accreditation
• Knowledge and experience in contract management (preferably Framework Contracts)
• Ability to deliver and support change
• Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the organization
• Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.