Job description / Role
• Support client Section Heads and Engineers in administering a Roads O&M Performance-Based contract including setting the program of works, work inspection regime, managing technical and contractual discussions, review and approve monthly invoices
• Manage and advice on the operations of the Traffic Management Center (Roads Management Center)
• Coordination with emergency response units
• Maintaining a working knowledge of all RMC system applications
• Monitor the operation of the network by analyzing information from the GIS, Police Services, traffic management systems, including CCTV, historic and predicted traffic patterns
• Oversee all traffic and safety related operations and record keeping duties associated with the smooth operations of the RMC. Examples of duties include:
- Monitor system resources to quickly detect and identify incident or hazardous conditions
- Monitor Roadway Weather Information System
- Assist in preparing incident and construction event information for subsequent dissemination
- Display library or template based variable message sign messages in accordance with RMC guidelines
- Monitor system performance and generate work order reports as required
- Perform record keeping tasks such as daily communication logs and incident reports.
- Coordinate with other agency and construction staff
- Reporting incidents using a variety of media and communication techniques
• BSC Engineering
• Min 15 Years Experience
• Western Qualifications and Experience
• Post Qualification experience working with Intelligent Transportation Systems and Traffic Management Center operations
• Working knowledge of central operating platforms for traffic cameras and electronic message signs
• Experience of central traffic signal systems
• Ability to lead and follow protocol during a crisis situation
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and communicate with internal agencies on status of various situations/projects
• Excellent communication skills (fluency in Arabic preferred).
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Site Engineer - Roads
|Saudi Arabia||19 Aug|
Senior Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|
Senior Project Manager
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy