Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
- To support the growing daily functions within an expanding ACE business through more Regional deep dive support.
- Achieve the most profitable operation; establish a high level of customer service, effective management of budgeted resources in order to achieve the agreed commercial and financial store objectives.
- To place DFC Store as the Centre of Excellence for ACE being the flag ship store.
- The role will also allow the individual to support the ever-growing pressure of new projects being requested as the business grows.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Oversee the E-commerce Team based in DFC store
- Regular collaborative meetings on Strategic Planning with OMNI Channel
- Drive sales to achieve and exceed top and bottom lines.
- Has a REAL customer focus, establishes & communicates customer goals and targets while ensuring the highest quality service and results for customers, articulates a strong understanding of customers' needs and does significantly more than required.
- Acts as a role model for all employees by focusing business strategy on providing exceptional service and improving customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that all elements of 'Customer Service' are at the forefront of store team and constantly strives to improve.
Store Standards & Displays
- Ensure that all implementations at store level is completed as per agreed high standards and that escalation channels are in place and are understood by all store teams.
- Develops and executes all aspects of 'retail basics', along with the Regional Visual Manager will be responsible for ensuring eye catching; effective displays are maintained within the Store.
- All new promotional activity requiring changes to display should be carefully planned and coordinated to ensure minimum amount of disruption.
- The JH must always maintain the brand integrity through corporate display standards and is responsible for ensuring the display reflects and supports the product suitability for the promotional calendar.
- Work with VM and Space Planning to support seasonal layout changes.
- Support as a Center of Excellence, all workshops during trading year.
- To ensure the availability and security of stock in the store through the implementation of agreed delivery plans and by following company procedures relating to stock movement.
- To liaise with the buyers / Operations Manager regarding product variety / quality and ordering levels providing feedback where necessary.
- Ensures the proper in-store control of stocks through liaising with the help desk and Inventory team in order to meet the demands and requirements of the business and customers.
- Minimise missed opportunities.
Deployment of Resources and Administration
- Required to oversee the deployment of resources and to constantly challenge his team to utilise all resources to the maximum effectiveness.
- Improve operational cost effectiveness by ensuring the best deployment of material, financial and human resources and by communicating with subordinates for clear understanding of accountabilities, objectives / targets and measures.
- Manages the annual sales, headcount and expenses to ensure the store performance is within approved budgets.
Human Resource Management
- With the assistance of the HRBP, the JH will fulfill recruitment function when required. Ensure that all employees are fully trained and developed to a required standard
- Acts as a leader in establishing an environment where effective teamwork is considered a normal part of the daily routine, where respect and co-operation are achieved. Promote effective management - by sound personal guidance and advice to subordinates.
- Responsible for 'People Development' and succession planning with a special emphasis on the development of Assistant Store Managers and SSA's.
Monitoring & Control
- Through delegation and supervision, the JH is ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance with the company policies and procedures. The JH will be responsible for ensuring his team develops self-checking as a normal part of their daily routine. Fulfill the company objectives through the review of performance against plan, by prompt action to resolve variances and support new corrective action points.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Group & Business Administrative policy and procedures, in collaboration with the Regional Admin & Compliance Manager and maintain high operational store standards, processes and systems in accordance with the approved Group and brand policies. Ensure that proper management of all store functions are maintained & implemented, which will contribute to the efficient and coordinated operation of the store as a whole. (Includes compliance with all SOP's).
- Conducts the stock count as per the defined process in the store and in conjunction with Regional Admin & Compliance Manager and develop stock loss action plans
- Continuous review of costs/expenses of store consumables/stationeries etc. to ensure they are in-line with the budget parameters.
- Review and respond on internal store Audit reports and implement necessary corrective action required
- To ensure all safety and security standards are met so as to minimize accidents and loss for the company.
Cooperation and Teamwork
- Works closely with the Regional Office Team to ensure the optimal range presentation is available in store.
- Plays a vital role in coordinating, with the Supply Chain team all activities associated with store and customer deliveries.
- Works closely with the Inventory team to make ensure that the auto replenishment is working, and regularly review for any issues with stocks not getting replenished by the system in order to achieve the target availability of the A lines in stores
Market Awareness and Competition
- In-depth understanding of the market to be able to maintain competitive awareness by continuously monitoring the competition and then reacting accordingly to maintain the business advantage.
- To support the Head of Centre of Excellence by conducting regular/monthly visits to ACE UAE stores to maintain the operational standards, store commerciality and compliance to agreed promotional launch pack, activities, store lay-out changes and store re-building implementation and follow-up.
- Establishing rapport and good relationship with business partners such as the mall, government entities and sister companies in order to negotiate the best deals and offers for different promotions and activities which will work to the advantage of the store/s.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes
- Knowledge of sales principles
- Relevant product knowledge and training
- Experience in a retail, customer service or sales environment
- Basic business administration knowledge
- Confident and clear communicator
- Awareness of the impact of behavior and performance
- Awareness of level of authority
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
- Experience of leading in a changing environment
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm.
- Strategic and Logical Thinking
- Planning and organizing skills.
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Business Management or equivalent
- 10 plus years' previous management experience in a financial/commercial role with proven analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of the local market and business conditions and take commercial decisions based on this information
- Retail Background
- Acumen and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels
- Taking Initiative
- Drive for Results
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong/excellent attention to detail
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer's in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.