Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About The Business Unit:
Credit and Collections is a critical component of Consumer Operations & Services, responsible for implementing credit policies for consumer and business segments, ensuring timeliness of bill payments, minimizing bill to cash timelines, eliminating defaults and limiting company's risk exposure. The business credit department is responsible for management of all business customers after bill generation, the management of collections whilst maintaining agreed levels of customer satisfaction and limiting the company's exposure to risk.
About The Role:
This role is responsible for supporting end-to-end B2B credit and collection activities including credit risk planning, collections operations and ensuring compliance with the Credit Policy.
If you would like to view the full role profile please click here.
About The Person:
You should have
- 5 years' experience in Accounts Receivable management preferably in the telecoms industry or alternatively in the utilities or banking sectors.
- Strong comprehension of credit risk & payment behavior attributes and knowledge of credit & collections policies & procedures.
- Technical skills in credit-worthiness assessment, billing accounts reconciliation, credit extensions, payment planning and credit default management.
- Resilient problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of CRM, ERP database and financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong attention to details, good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Be comfortable with multitasking and communicating with various stakeholders.
- Be self-motivated, keen team player with a determined and mature approach.
- Robust willingness to develop a career in the Credit/Collection function.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A degree in Business, Accounting or other related backgrounds
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.