Job description / Role
• Plans, leads and conducts the day-to-day operation, administration and all other activities of the Citrix, NetScaler, VMware, Windows Server and software applications assigned.
• The Systems Administrator will perform daily system maintenance activities to maintain 24/7, 365 days/year system and services availability; activities include the repair, patching, fixing or replacement of existing hardware and software.
• Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written) and Customer Service Skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work individually or as a member of a team. Ability to work under pressure.
• Managing over 500+ VMware servers 2003, 2008, R2 and 2012 with VSphere client 5.1. Supervised 35 VM servers for daily backups. Managing VPN user and Active Directory by resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, adding users, and GP.
• Configuring AD and disk quota on Windows 2012 Server
• Manage & Patch Microsoft T testing, deployment, and reporting, resulting in a maximum success rate.
• Implement a disaster recovery plan into the contract without increasing costs.
• Administration and support for Symantec Corporate Anti-virus server, Cisco CallManager 3.1 (VoIP), Veritas Netbackup, and MS WUS server.
• Enhanced team productivity and automated repetitive tasks by using batch files, PowerShell, VBScript and WMI.
• Troubleshoot LAN/WIFI connectivity, configured permissions folder rights.
• Manage domain users and groups in AD and create group policies in order to keep the network secured.
• End user technical support for Windows 7, 8 and 10.
• Evaluates industry trends, standards and new technologies to recommend change (i.e., evaluate and integrate new OS versions, drivers and hardware.
• Made sure that all software and procedures, operating systems, server hardware aligned with enterprise standards and strategic business plan.
• VMWare Esxi, XenServer, VCenter,
• XenCenter, XenApp, XenDesktop, Windows and Linux Servers.
• Use vSphere, Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure to manage VMWare
• VCloud, Citrix and other cloud infrastructure.
• Develop new VMWare PowerCLI based scripts to automate frequent VCloud virtual machine operations.
• Use Citrix Studio and Citrix Director to manage and troubleshoot
• XenApp, XenDesktop, StoreFront, PVS Server and Citrix Receiver related issues.
• Minimum of 6 - 8 years hands on experience with:
• Citrix,Xen App Server 7.9, VM’s, VMWare, Netscaler, SAN Storage, Sonic Wall, Veritas Backup
• Certification - Must
• CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Citrix, VMWare
• Added Advantage
• Driving License
About the Company
Artan Holding is a Qatari-owned company with a diverse portfolio of businesses including:
- Doha British School established in 1997, an international school for pupils from KG to Year 13.
- Mirage International Property Consultants established in 2004, a real estate company specializing in the sale, leasing and facilities management of commercial and residential properties in Qatar and around the world.
- Qatar Skills Academy established in 2010, a training academy providing accredited vocational education and training.
- House of Architecture and Interiors established in 2012, an architecture and design company offering diversified interiors solutions through integrated services and products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Server Infrastructure Lead Engineer
Stratus Recruitment International