Job description / Role
Senior System Assurance Expert (Rail) – Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Senior System Assurance Expert with a background in safety of operations and maintenance & Safety Management Systems on metro / rail projects to join their team in Qatar.
• Coordinating activities in relation to the maintenance of the Safety Certification for the operation and infrastructure of the company’s rail portfolio
• Monitoring the Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations on the network and ensuring they are conducted in compliance with international standards and codes of practice
• Supporting the Senior Manager in establishing plans and procedures, regulations for safety, certifications, regulations, safety of operations, and risk assessments
• Auditing and inspecting the Operator and Maintenance Contractors for the purpose of maintaining the Safety Certificates
• Establishing and maintaining the company’s Safety Management System in compliance with international standards and codes of practice
• Developing and recommending best industry practices in the use of safety targets and indicators
• Assessing and ensuring that Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations activities are undertaken as described by Common Safety Methods, Yellow Book, and EN50126
• Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering
• At least 10 years’ experience in Railway Safety & Regulations; safety approvals and decision-making with particular emphasis on experience in EN 5012X
• Formal or hands-on training in railway safety, quality, and project management is essential
• Significant experience in safety certification of railway projects/engineering, construction and bringing/maintaining assets into use
• Demonstrable experience of building relationships with, and influencing a wide range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation
• Excellent communication, organisational, and multitasking skills
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies