Job description / Role
- Carries out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed (or virtual) hardware and software. This may involve the use of multiple hardware and software platforms, and both local and wide area networks. (ITOP 401)
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Provides instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice (ITOP 402)
- Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure (ITOP 404)
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of installation and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including building and configuring infrastructure components in virtualised environments. Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines, utilising the appropriate tools and test equipment. Ensures that procedures are followed, including those relating to safety and security. (ITOP 407)
- Assists in producing outline system designs and specifications covering objectives, scope, features, facilities, management, reliability, resilience, security, constraints (such as performance, resources and cost), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, traffic volumes, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered. (NTDS 401)
- Takes responsibility for all stages of the life cycle for software/hardware and transmission media development of relatively simple communication systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade and migration. Assists with more complex systems. (NTPL 406)
- Defines, documents and safely executes small-scale projects, or sub-projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project. (PRMG 401)
- Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. (USUP 401/402)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communications, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
About the Company
Qatargas, established in 1984, pioneered the LNG Industry in Qatar. Today, Qatargas is the largest LNG producer in the world with a capacity of 42 MTA from its seven trains, delivering safety and reliably LNG to its customers in all four corners of the world from its first class facilities in Qatar. As a high caliber professional you too can make a difference - change your future, join Qatargas and change the world.
Qatargas offers a secure expatriate lifestyle in an international community with educational, medical and recreational facilities, competitive tax-free salaries, a full range of benefits, including family or bachelor housing, furnishings and generous paid annual vacation back to your country of origin.