Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for providing oral and written translation of correspondence, forms, articles, technical manuals and other instructional and educational materials from
• Arabic to English and vice versa; serve as an interpreter for a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences and special events; perform related clerical duties; and provide direction and guidance to the Junior Translators.
• Conducts variety of activities (E.g. Translator workshops, translator activities, trainings etc.) for the purpose of providing and/or sharing information and direction.
• Oversees Translator for purpose direction and/or guidance.
• Translates accurately and concisely documents and other materials from Arabic to English and English to Arabic.
• Serves as an interpreter Jar a variety of Translator Functions (e.g. meetings, workshops, conferences, special events etc.).
• Reads and rewrites material in Arabic language for the purpose of providing materials in a Arabic language following established rules related to factors such as word meaning, sentence structure, grammar and punctuation.
• Prepares written translations for duplication for the purpose of providing materials in Arabic and English needed.
• Operates and oversee variety of office equipment including copier, typewriter, computer and assigned software; operates translating equipment;
• Composes routine correspondence from brief instructions for the purpose of providing written documentation.
• Maintains and oversee manual and electronic files and records (e.g.
• Files/records, calendar of events, schedules, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing an up to date reference and audit trail
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
• Basic knowledge of grammar, Spelling and punctuation.
• Knowledge of methods compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication in the English language.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees and the general public.
• Ability to maintain alphabetical, numerical, and subject filling systems.
• Considerable knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Considerable ability to deal courteously with the public, supplying general information and direction in a clear, concise manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Any Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum 12 years' experience in the field of translation and interpretation services.
• Hands-on experience in MS Office, Outlook, data base management, and software applications.
• Bilingual (Arabic and English) communication skill (writing, reading and speaking) is mandatory for this position.
• Should be able to work with the minimum of guidance.
• Should demonstrate a high degree of drive and initiative.
• Strong presentation skill.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform tasks related to performance of Project Coordinator's roles and responsibilities.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.