Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are looking to appoint Works Inspectors in Qatar and will be responsible for undertaking inspections on site in accordance with the drainage/utilities-related Inspection and Test Plans (ITP's).
A typical week would include:
* Attending to Inspection Requests (IR's) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
* Reviewing submitted shop drawings against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements, and international best practice.
* Reporting any works carried out by contractor found to not be in accordance with approved drawing and specifications and report to stakeholders for appropriate action.
* Monitoring quality of works and assessing the safety at the site including health and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessments.
* Maintaining records for daily activities on site including progress photos and ensure they are readily available for inspection as and when required.
* Preparing surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and nonconformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
* Checking and ensuring effective co-ordination between discipline-related works and all other disciplines.
* Providing technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline-related issues on site that may arise.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc/Diploma in a relevant discipline within the Engineering industry.
* Around 5 years of experience, as well as local experience in Qatar
* Strong communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
* MMUP registration preferred
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.