Job description / Role
- To supervise the development and delivery of effective, all-encompassing technical and cleaning services.
- To oversee the day to day delivery of fabric and MEP planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance services.
- To assist the building services manager to provide the planning and delivery of projects.
- Site familiarisation.
- Supervising suppliers and specialist service providers.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical specifications in line with business needs and current technological developments.
- Maintaining sub-contractor performance levels through ‘Key Performance Indicators’ and ‘Service Level Agreements’ to ensure that services meet the operational and contractual requirements.
- Adhering to company safety guidelines.
- Attending all SHE training required.
- Demonstrating compliance with all applicable statutory standards relating to the operation of the property infrastructure and installed equipment.
- Ensuring the services take account of best practice in environment and sustainability issues, and comply with legislative requirements applicable to the service.
- Assisting with the management and control of ‘Permit to Work’ systems.
- Ensuring high standard of motivation and performance of the sub-contracted team and minimising attrition rate.
- Producing ad-hoc reports or proposals as requested.
- Undertaking performance audits and encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
- Leading by example by maintaining and promoting high health and safety standards at all times.
- Ensuring at all times that they carry out their work safely and with due regard for others in accordance with HSE procedures and instructions, contractual, legislative and local requirements.
- Reporting immediately any non-conformance, unsafe act or unsafe condition to line management for investigation and corrective action.
- Reporting immediately to line management if they sustain an injury or become ill whilst at work, or where they are directly involved in or witness any serious incident, dangerous occurrence or significant environmental pollution incident.
- Notifying line management of any identified or suggested opportunity for improvement of the HSEMS and associated health, safety and environmental risk controls.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- At least 3 years of office or admin management experience.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of working in a facilities management operation or within an outsourced contract environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- With knowledge of health and safety.
- Good IT skills.
- Degree in Engineering/ Diploma or ITI certificate attested.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.