Job description / Role
• Organize and supervise the work of the assigned team to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner, which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
• Provide guidance and on the job training for operations team and conduct knowledge sharing to facilitate achievement of team objectives and completion of tasks in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
• Recommend training needs of subordinates and evaluate the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel in order to support their overall development.
• Lead coordination meeting with operation’s staff at the start of each shift and assign reporting staff to areas of responsibility during the shifts.
• Assist in defining Yard Traffic Rules/ Yard Path Matrix to optimize the productivity and throughput capacity of the yard.
• Arrange pre arrival meeting with Shipping agents and their customers if required.
• Monitoring arrival of the vessels to plan resources accordingly. Take consent of Terminal Manager in case of any doubt or any exception.
• Book gangs as per customers\operational requirement and cargo stowage.
• Understand quay design and its impact on operational efficiency and assist in improving quay utilization by analyzing berth occupancy, vessel waiting time and related stowage planning factors.
• Ensure yard planning is effectively managed to facilitate movement of units.
• Implement corrective measures to avoid potential clashes in the yard.
• Support Navy vessel stay and relevant activities including parking, security, etc.
• Prepare report on the implications of movement in the yard - cost, time and convenience.
• Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Business or relevant discipline.
• Relevant years of port operations experience with at least minimum years in a superintendent role.
• Strong knowledge of port regulation.
• Previous experience of implementing and promoting Health & Safety training and awareness in the workplace.
• Strong knowledge of general cargo and terminal operations.
• Proficiency in English (must).
• Preferred Arabic speaker.
• Ability to work with key stakeholders, senior executives, management team and external partners/advisors through collaboration & teamwork in a non-hierarchical relationship framework.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills.
• Advanced computer and Microsoft office skills.
• Able to work in day/night shifts.
• Reasonable level of analytical skills and troubleshooting / problem solving.
• Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Good communication skills.
• Regulatory and Compliance awareness.
• Good organizing and planning skills.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.