Job description / Role
* Able to handle independently end-to-end complete scope management deliverable related to a large scale /size Oil & Gas industry (e.g. refinery, petrochemical, fertilizer, etc.) shutdowns /turnarounds. He should be able to handle complete list of work during a plan shutdown /turnaround.
* Fully familiar with computerized maintenance management system in monitoring of day-to- day work orders, preventive maintenance program, collection of equipment data specifications and validating of equipment repair history for input in SAP
* Having technical report writing skills and usage of modern planning techniques and computer software's such as Primavera (P6) / MS Projects / SMART Plant, MS Office - 2010, etc.
* Familiar with planning norms for networking to calculate man-hours.
* Having Knowledge in Shutdown /Turnaround Planning Milestones i.e. Continuous Planning Phase, Concept Phase, Definition Phase, Detailed Planning Phase, Pre-shutdown/turnaround Execution Phase, Turnaround Execution Phase & Post shutdown /turnaround Execution Phase.
* Ability to review & freeze scope of work for shutdown /turnaround.
* Read & understand drawing for various modifications, tie-ins joints & replacement of pipelines during shutdown /turnaround & skill in preparation of isometric with the help of draftsman.
* Capability to prepare Material Reservations for the shutdown /turnaround in Oil & Gas industries with available scope of work.
* Familiar in Preparing WPS to activity level, Level-III, Level-IV network for shutdown/turnaround.
* Network & Schedule for base scope & variable scope.
* Talent in Calculating Resources based on Primavera and or MS Project for shutdown/turnaround.
* Skill in Preparing Organization charts, identifying, preparing and conducting job clash analysis.
* Capacity to Prepare Scaffolding, Insulation & Painting Estimation for a particular shutdown/turnaround.
* Ability to Prepare S curve to monitor daily progress starting from scoping phase to pre- shutdown phase and then during execution and post shutdown periods.
* Able to lead independently a group of planners for any shutdown /turnaround and plan a minimum of three (3) shutdowns /turnarounds simultaneously at a time.
* Has vast Knowledge in Engineering, Construction and Business management techniques.
* Has computer knowledge especially with MS Project, Primavera P6 and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc.)
* Able to prepare Method of Statements and Job Safety Analysis of various static equipment and piping for maintenance activities.
* Also, able to identify hazards at every activity level and plan accordingly with proven mitigations and control measures.
* Has skill in preparing Resource (Manpower Loading Schedule & Plant and Equipment/tools Schedule for shutdown /turnaround.
* Has capability to review rigging study for heavy lifting activities.
* Has a good knowledge in generating realistic look ahead plans/programme from MS Project and or Primavera P6 tool during shutdown & Preparing Equipment Control Sheet.
* Able to support in performing cost estimation of every work item from initiation phase to cost out phase.
* Able to develop, plan, prepare and execute the shutdown /turnaround logistics plan (site logistics schedule and action plan) including material management.
* Liaison with inter- department staff and contractors relative to Shutdown /Turnaround logistics and Shutdown/turnaround contracts.
* Able to do planning for the safe transportation of workers in and out of the plant. Able to do planning for the temporary safety measures, the handling and disposal of waste materials.
* Manage all aspects of traffic control with Company plant security personnel.
* Coordinate, acquire and set-up onsite and offsite temporary material storage areas.
* Work with Company Telecom /IT team to have adequate phone and data lines installed at all temporary office locations on site.
* Able to plan, coordinate construction and manage temporary mess hall (lunch facility), temporary badging locations.
* Able to work with Company Electrical department to determine temporary power needs for shutdown /turnaround.
* Able to assist Company Electrical Workshop team in placement of all temporary generators.
* Able to identify plant air needs and hire portable air develop and oversee all aspects of the rental equipment needs for the entire shutdown /turnaround.
* Have excellent knowledge and experience in Site facilities arrangements /preparations of Materials Bag and tag for site requirement.
* HND or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation) discipline.
* Minimum 10 years' direct experience in process operation planning, preparation and field supervision, including 5 years at senior supervisory level, within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry.
* Experience on review of scope of works, planning, preparation and review of documents especially execution work packages for shutdown /turnaround maintenance activities and external service requirements
* Proficient in Engineering Codes and Standards such as API, ASME that is governing shutdown activities and ensure compliance to it in implementing.
* Working knowledge of ISO Quality Management System.
* Substantial knowledge of all operational aspects of multi- discipline specific shutdown maintenance responsibilities developed through experience, team leadership roles and formal training programs.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Pipeline Operator (Plant Operations / Maintenance)
Mechanical Engineer (O&M) - LPG & SNG Systems
Project Completions Manager