Job description / Role
• Able to handle independently the Lifting & Rigging activities related to a large scale size Oil & Gas industry (e.g. refinery, petrochemical, fertilizer, etc.) shutdowns /turnarounds.
• Able to Develop work method statements for assigned lifting and rigging activities and Participate in the development of JSA's to ensure related hazards have been identified, captured and plan accordingly with proven mitigations and control measures
• Able to review the cranes specifications and provides information on the crane sharing options as and when required.
• Able Perform Overall Field surveillance, monitoring and control of lifting and rigging preparation and execution activities to ensure that all planned activities are carried out safely as per the company procedures.
• Reviewing correctness, completeness of Shutdown Contractor lifting/rigging plans and all related supporting documents like Summary sheets, Method of Statement, Job Safety Analysis, etc. in compliance to company procedure.
• Able to review and assess competency of the lifting and rigging teams involved in the shutdown activities to ensure availability, adequacy and validity of the required level of expertise to perform the assigned tasks including trainings and qualifications
• Ensure expertise/competency necessary to execute lifting activities including training and qualification of persons in charge of lifts are available, adequate and valid.
• Able to inspect and confirm shutdown lifting equipment fitness for use in matter of third party certification field worthiness inspection and color coding with compliance to company policies and procedures
• Coordinate with COMPANY appointed TPA and QA/QC department for the certification of Lifting equipment.
• Shall be a qualified Engineer (Degree holder)
• Shall have at least 3 LEEA certifications as a minimum equivalent certifications.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English & presentation skills.
Knowledge and /or Experience
• Minimum 10 years' direct experience in process operation planning, preparation and field supervision, including 5 years at senior supervisory level, within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry.
• Substantial knowledge of Lifting & rigging operations.
• Experience on review of scope of works, Provide technical expertise when required for critical lifting operations.
• Review certification of Contractor's Lifting Equipment and performs random visual inspection to ensure that supplied lifting equipment is as per the certificates submitted. (Example COC/Proof Load test details etc.).
• Review and ensure all examination reports and certificates are transmitted to User Department after every periodic inspection survey.
• Assists other end users on evaluation and selection of Lifting Equipment personnel (Riggers/Supervisors/Operators) as requested by shutdowns.
Technical and Business Skills
• Ability to work under pressure and with ability to multitask.
• Computer literate. Advance technical knowledge critical lifting plan method statement in MS office Microsoft excel and power point.
• Excellent command of written & spoken English and presentation skills.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Heavy Lift Supervisor (Oil & Gas)