Job description / Role
Able to handle independently the scaffolding & Insulation activities related to a large scale /size Oil & Gas industry (e.g. refinery, petrochemical, fertilizer, etc.) shutdowns /turnarounds.
Skills to include but not limited to
* Able to Prepare/ review and participate in Work packs development for assigned scaffolding and Insulation activities in job scopes
* Able to Develop work method statements for assigned critical scaffolding activities related to and Participate in the development of JSA's to ensure all scaffolding and Insulation related hazards have been identified, captured and plan accordingly with proven mitigations and control measures
* Able to Perform Overall Field surveillance, monitoring and control of scaffolding & Insulation preparation and execution activities to ensure that all planned activities are carried out safely as per company procedures.
* Assist field personnel (supervisors, Scaffolder and Insulator) in the analysis and assessment of risk related activities and provide required technical expertise as and when necessary.
* Reviewing correctness, completeness of Shutdown Contractor scaffolding and Insulation plans and all related supporting documents like Summary sheets, Method of Statement, Job Safety Analysis, etc. and in compliance to company procedure
* Able to review and assess competency of the scaffolding and insulation teams involved in the shutdown activities to ensure availability, adequacy and validity of the required level of expertise to perform the assigned tasks including trainings and qualifications.
* Prepare/review Scaffolding, Insulation estimation for a particular shutdown/turnaround and Prepare comprehensive report for scaffolding/Insulation for cost evaluation.
* Able to inspect and confirm shutdown scaffolding and insulation material fitness for use in matter of third party certification where required, field worthiness inspection, color coding and proper tagging in compliance to company policies and procedures .
Experience in plant shutdowns & turnaround
* Able to oversee the study of scaffolding and Insulation requirements, Select and identify Suitable type of scaffolding for the safe execution of works with efficient site / facilities arrangement in order to meet an agreed plan with respect to Deadlines. Select and identify suitable type of scaffolding for the safe execution of works.
* Able to oversee the selection & requisition of materials for use in the shutdowns /turnarounds to check whether the materials are as per specifications and ascertains that equipment is operable and performing according to standard safety norms
* Has capacity to supervise & monitor the site work of any main or subcontractors to complete the work as per schedule and cost parameters overseeing Quality & HSE issues at site & ensure that regulations, policies and procedures are strictly adhered..
* Able to conduct / attend regular meetings with all Performing Parties regarding the progress and discuss and to resolve any unexpected technical difficulties /challenges & other problems that may arise during execution time.
* Able to generate daily/regular reports on the jobs progress including actual manpower and resources allocated to each job.
* Able to assist/support and participate in development work procedures for all practical aspects of Scaffolding & Insulation works for oil and gas companies.
* Capacity to Coordinates and manage in accordance within assigned Roles and Responsibilities as per Company policies and procedures.
* Has good interface skills to interact with contractors and subcontractors to responds to inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements Qualifications
* Shall have a minimum of eight (8) years proven suitable experience, of which at least four (4) years have been in a supervisory capacity and four (4) years in an Inspector capacity
* Shall have the Scaffolding Supervisor course certificate recognized by Qatar gas or certification comparable from an international board (e.g., the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), Construction Industries Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS), OSHA Competent Trained Person)
* HND or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge and /or Experience
* Minimum 10 years' direct experience in site coordination, planning, preparation and field supervision, including 5 years at senior supervisory level specifically in Scaffolding & Insulation field in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry.
* Experience on review of scope of works, planning, preparation and review of documents especially execution work packages for shutdown/ turnaround maintenance activities and external service requirements.
* Demonstrable skills in manage, direct and co-ordinate all site activity with responsibility for the execution of the shutdowns in compliance with all contractual requirements, ensure that resource usage is optimized to achieve, or exceed company's projected profit margins. .
* Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant discipline area.
* 8 years' experience in the Oil & Gas Industry or Petrochemical Industry.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.