Job description / Role
• To develop Qatar Rail Signage and Wayfinding strategy and guidelines including the digital contents for the Metro and Tram stations and rolling stock.
• Assess as and when required the current position for static and digital signage, regarding the JV submissions, starting with the RLEAG stations followed by Major Stations and then to be determined on a priority basis
• Strong graphic design skills, ability to work on a range of projects and media using various computer software to visualize and develop innovate graphic design that meets business goals.
• Examine existing processes, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve design capabilities.
• Ability to translate strategic direction into high quality design within Qatar Rails brand identity and update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography and video.
• Design new icons and produce the wayfinding guidelines and manual for both Metro and Tram when required
• Support Service Delivery, providing expert input to station signage coordination meetings in respect of RFC 1565 implementation
• Advise and work with Service Delivery to propose suitable content for a digital signage content management system
• Work with Service Delivery and Systems to develop suitable content and rules for digital signage content and PA announcement system
• Work with Service Delivery and Rolling Stock team to review the on-board signage strategy and develop the content for the digital on-board screens
• Develop the designs for the Customer facing Network Map in conjunction with the PR and Communications Agency
• Review and comment on the external signage and way finding proposals submitted and work with external stakeholders like MOT.
• Support digital signage and information elements as part future online Qatar Rail development.
• Interface with key external stakeholders such as HIA and Qatar Foundation to integrate all signage and way finding aspects.es:
• Produce the Metro and Tram sign guidelines to be instructed by the Architects Dept.
• Develop and draw the icons and signs to be included in the sign guidelines
• Ensure the timely planning and scheduling of content for all the signage development
• Ensure the signage inputs and comments are delivered to in a timely manner
• Support Qatar Rail in the review of the submissions and systems regarding wayfing
• BSc/BA in Arts and Graphic Design
• Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills.
• Used to perform well under deadlines and be detail oriented.
• At least 10 years’ experience in designing wayfinding and signage manual
• Extensive experience in transportation industry
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.