Site Engineer - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
Job description / Role
As a Site Engineer you will be responsible for the effective execution of project essentially by coordinating all site activities at every level of the project from the mobilization stage to commissioning and handing over.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on site for subcontractors, foremen and crafts people.
- Setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
- Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design and specification.
- Liaising with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Liaising with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations.
- liaising with consultants and their representatives (engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site.
- Preparing reports as required.
- Minimum (5) Years experience in similar role with (Roads and Infrastructure Company).
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering & MMUP Certified.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- A methodical approach, commendable analytical abilities and attention to details.
- Organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Capability of working in diverse situations
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."