Job description / Role
Parsons is the consultant of the construction supervision contract of a major road/highway project in Doha. The scope of work includes road, drainage, utilities, landscape, structures, and traffic.
The Site Engineer (Traffic) will be involved in the planning and development of traffic diversions and traffic management and coordinate with the contractor and authorities in this regard. He/she will review the details and participate in the inspection and approval of the traffic management plans.
The Site Engineer (Traffic) will monitor the traffic diversions and report any irregularity to the Resident Engineer (Traffic) or the Senior Site Engineer (Traffic) as applicable. He/she will be involved in the safety of the traffic flow and traffic diversions and instruct the contractor to repair and correct any fault or disturbance to the traffic. He/she will lead the work inspectors in his/her discipline to ensure that all traffic management activities have been performed in accordance with the contract and specifications.
• Reports to the Senior Site Engineer (Traffic) or Resident Engineer (Traffic) as applicable
• Supervises the work of the work inspectors (Traffic) to ensure that they are carrying their duties as required.
• Inspect the site conditions to ensure safe traffic conditions
• Act positively, and participate in all traffic safety issues at the site, as required by the Project Safety Representative and the Resident Engineer (Traffic)
• Maintain records of accidents
• Prepare a daily inspection report as per the prescribed format by the Senior Resident Engineer
• Ensure that all instructions to the contractor in relation to traffic flow and traffic diversions are being carried out
• Check the flow of traffic regularly and ensure safety and good flow without any disturbance.
• Report any irregularity to the Resident Engineer (Traffic).
• Be proactive to ensure safe traffic and acts immediately in the case of potential risk to the drivers and the public and instruct the contractor to rectify any faults immediately.
• Observe site safety procedures and ensure strict compliance by all parties to the safety rules and regulations.
• BSc Degree in Transportation, Traffic or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of ten postgraduate years of experience and a min. of seven years of similar work experience on large infrastructure projects.
• Regional experience is preferred.
• A qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
• Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
• Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
• Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.