Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for Site Inspectors with over 5 years’ experience in the construction of major infrastructure/drainage/utility projects.
In a typical week you would:
• Inspect and record the construction works carried out by contractor on-site and resolve the site generated issues.
• Ensure the performance of the work in strict accordance with the drawings and specification.
• Involved in supervision and Inspection of ‘additional works’ and ‘out of scope works’ carried out by the contractor.
• Process the joint measurement forms and maintain the records of their status.
• Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans
• Make special notes and document the contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
• Coordinate and co-operate with Contractors site Foreman for all the activities.
• Adhere to safe working methods and report to Resident Engineer for any accidents on site.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used etc, and sign at the end of each day.
• Responsible to check the `Day work records’ submitted by the contractor
• Maintain records of site resources, daily progress of work, inspections, construction and workshop drawings, method statements and ITPs (Inspector Testing Plans)
• Draft site instructions for any required variations from, or additions to, the contract documents.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
• Are qualified with a Bachelor of Science degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University.
• Have a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in site supervision, and construction management of drainage/roads/ major infrastructure projects of complex nature.
• Have previous experience on infrastructure projects in GCC will be preferred
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
A Leading Company In Qatar
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
Senior Civil Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer - Wet Utilities
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|