Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major organisation in Qatar. They are currently seeking a Smart City Manager to develop a strategy for their smart city operations in Qatar.
• Coordinating with the project delivery team to get updates on the smart city services design/implementation progress
• Planning, organising, and supervising the work of the ITS and smart city team members to ensure all work is performed within the parameters of the project schedule
• Participating in the tendering process and conducting the technical evaluation, responding to bidders’ clarifications and attending technical meetings along with the design/project team during the tender stage
• Supporting the city’s command and control centres as per the operation department’s strategy
• Coordinating with the public realm/landscape, roads, & other utilities
• Providing technical and expert support in the design review and preparation of particular actions and inclusive urban development/future city processes
• Offering innovative approaches to future city actions by developing Smart City plans & processes, based on global trends but considering local contexts, demands, and place-sourced opportunities
• Working alongside the Land Use & Built Environment master planning & Urban Design teams to identify a portfolio of smart sustainable city solutions, with the potential to improve the quality of life, and address objectives such as Smart Economy, Smart Environment, Net Zero Agenda, Smart Living, Smart Mobility, Smart People, and Smart Governance
• Initiating risk assessments of the smart city project, reviewing and endorsing risk assessment results and recommending courses of action, ensuring mitigation of risks
QAR 42,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant technical subject
• 10 years’ experience in smart sustainable city practices and solutions, including the management of large multiclass real estate portfolios, preferably within the GCC
• Experience in managing Systems Integration and Command Control Centres
• Experience in the development and implementation of plans, policies, procedures/processes, and system development for IoT integration
• Strong technical skills in the area of smart applications with working knowledge of building services systems
• Familiarity with various utilities within large real estate developments: valves, pipes, potable water, lighting management, waste management, etc.
• Able to communicate and liaise with all levels of management and stakeholders, and be able to challenge and influence senior decision makers
• Strong multitasking skills, with the ability to manage concurrent projects at once
If you fulfil the minimum requirements stipulated by our client and are confidentially interested in applying
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
Infrastructure Project Manager
SAS Global Consultants
Civil Project Manager
MEP/ Infra Project Manager
Planning Project Manager