Social Wedding Sales Manager
Job description / Role
Social Wedding Sales Manager - Raffles & Fairmont Doha
Scope and Objectives
Under the leadership of the Cluster Director of Conferences and Events , The Weddings and Socials Sales manager is responsible for weddings sales and business development in selling banquet services, function facilities and associated hotel services to the wedding market. It is the key requirement of this role to deliver top level of service quality in daily sales activities, communications and events planning and coordination in accordance with the wedding brand standards and wedding services guidelines as established by Corporate Office.
Also responsible for organizing the hotel's wedding fair, maintaining the wedding showroom and building a wedding client's database, in order to develop a local customer network to market potential repeat businesses at the hotel.
• Receives and handles wedding and social inquiries in following the corporate standards
• Reviews and issues wedding and social proposals and contracts
• Conducts wedding and Social sales activities and hotel inspection
• Records and updates sales activities report on daily basis
• Assists Cluster Director of Events on preparing wedding business forecast
• Responsible for wedding packages development
• Cross sell exclusive honeymoon offers from sister hotels
• Effectively manage function space utilization in achieving revenue maximization
Planning & Coordination:
• Handles weddings and Social Events details and coordinates with customers and their wedding/ Events organizers
• Provides professional wedding advice, menus recommendation, up/cross selling other hotel services
• Coordinates food tasting arrangement for wedding and social events customers prior to the event days to meet customer expectations
• Prepares floor plan and other related wedding and social events coordination
• Ensures all events payments are correctly received in accordance with hotel's finance policy
• Conducts proper event handover and introduces wedding organizers/customers to banquet operations on the day of event
• Attend all weddings and social events to assist the guests and ensure communication and execution is up to the agreement
• Maintain at all time system with proper data and revenue information
• Develops sales strategy in promoting Signature Weddings and social events to achieve the budget
• Organizes hotel's wedding fair to drive wedding business and build brand loyalty through guest experience
• Responsible for managing and setting up the wedding showroom
• Work closely with Cluster Director of Conferences services to develop and strategy plan for Destination weddings
• Establishes and properly manages wedding customer database for marketing business referral or other social events
• Acquires market knowledge of wedding trends, customer buying behaviours, new products and competitions
Wedding Service Quality:
• Sets goals and action plans to achieve and improve performance of wedding and social event guest satisfaction
• Works closely with F&B department to deliver personable services throughout the entire wedding process to deliver total customer experience ultimately in creating customer loyalty
• Develops value-added, saleable and creative wedding services and products
• Maintains professional, timely and responsive communication with customers
• Issues external Banquet Event Order to organizer for each event to confirm all final event details and billing arrangement
• Provides accurate and timely events information to other departments through internal Banquet Event Order to ensure all clients' requests will be properly executed and delivered
• Attends internal Events standard meetings
• Engages post event conversation with events clients to solicit qualitative feedback, as well as to encourage active response to EPM
• Actively shares clients' feedbacks or comments on operations and services with the events management team as well as the hotel's senior management
• Maintains an effective communication and cohesive working relationships with Sales & Marketing team, F&B and other operating departments of the hotel
• Be in full compliance with Delphi standards and procedures to maintain up-to-date business and sales data
• Effectively utilizes Delphi functions and tools to optimize service efficiency and work productivity
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Take on tasks in addition of the ones stated, with a positive can do mindset
• Be a "brand ambassador" at all times, ensure brand integrity and clarity are maintained
• Model the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times
• Maintains positive relationships with all guests, vendors, colleagues and GSO network
• At all times, represent Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years in conferences service and or catering services roles. Relevant experience in the luxury hospitality industry an advantage.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
• Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic
• Service focused personality is essential
• Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with customers
• Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
• Good working knowledge of sales and catering systems. Delphi.fdc preferred but not essential
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
• Service oriented with an eye for details.
• Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team.
• Good presentation and influencing skills.
• Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
• Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
• Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
• Self-motivated and energetic.
To be fully conversant with:
• Hotel fire procedures
• Hotel security procedures
• Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
• Hotel facilities and attractions
• Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
• Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
• Accor values and its corresponding strategies
• Methods of accepted payment of the company
• Short- and long-term company marketing promotions
• Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.
Whist working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and associates, unless otherwise stated.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.