Job description / Role
Assist in the management of Kitchen Operations including menu planning and costing, organising special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha
Rising 62 storeys above the Arabian Gulf, the Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha raises every benchmark set for luxury residences in Qatar. The panoramic views are accented by floor to ceiling windows in all 370 lavishly appointed residences and suites, while handpicked furnishings and fine décor further add to the allure of Kempinski
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Clean the kitchen and equipment.
- Work with Superior and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in training needs analysis of Kitchen staff and ensure training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department's budget.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc) Must show signs of career development HACCP certification
- Minimum 5 years kitchen experience
- Minimum 2 years management experience (e.g. Chef de Partie)
- International experience is preferred
- Banqueting experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Ability to work as a part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applying a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.