Job description / Role
• Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
• Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
• Special Airport Systems Engineer. This is a client facing role, supporting a major aviation project based in Doha, Qatar.
Your responsibilities will include
• Managing a team of engineers and inspectors to ensure quality control and compliance
• Instigating quality assurance and control procedures
• Reviewing mock-ups, method statements and shop drawings
• Inspecting permanent works executed by the contractor on site and detailing any deficiencies / non-conformance and necessary corrective actions
• Attending to contractor’s RFI, technical and design queries and coordinate responses
• Conducting daily site walk-through and inspection to identify anomalies and/or construction defects
• Providing input on logistics, organisation, plant layout, equipment and manpower utilisation
• Ensuring proper and updated records of all work done are maintained including records of change works, tests, inspections, status of work, safety, site diary, materials and equipment on-site, labours, day-works and etc
• Preparing work schedules and keeping them updated
• Assisting the senior engineer in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment for their timely on-site delivery
• Coordinating and monitoring the activities of contractors and suppliers
• Ensuring that the contractors obtain all necessary permits for temporary and construction purposes
• Coordinating the works on site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary
• Establishing and maintaining good safety and security practices for the entire project in accordance with the safety program and all applicable safety codes and regulations
• Supervising testing and commissioning of airport systems
• Participating in testing and commissioning and handover to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include
• Minimum 10 years of experience on large/complex building projects is required for client approval.
• Minimum 5 years of experience on airport projects.
• Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A relevant degree qualification in engineering.
• Member of chartered quality institute or equivalent.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.