Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
Ooredoo works in a dynamic field of operations in a highly competitive environment. Provision of secure and productive products and services to our customers is of prime importance, leading to stable revenue generation. This requires compliance with the governing policies, processes and international accounting standards. The Financial Systems & Policy unit coordinates all activities related to the diverse range of functional support activities to provide productive first level support to staff of various business units of the company in the efficient and effective use of Corporate Financial and Billing/Revenue and related systems within the Financial and Accounting policy framework and the International Accounting and Reporting Standards.
About the Role:
- This role is responsible to assist in providing functional and technical support on all major non-routine financial and accounting matters to end-users.
- The role also assists in all major financial system enhancements and also prepares and provides support in maintaining all finance related policy manuals.
About the Candidate:
You should have at least
- 8 years' related experience in accounting and auditing/finance functions in a large commercial organization.
- Experience in Oracle based system implementation and system audit is preferred.
- Understanding of the complete finance and accounting processes & reporting.
- Understanding of the supply functions management process
- Expert knowledge in the use of Oracle ERP Solutions Systems
- Workflow, Fixed assets, Inventory, AP, GL, Project accounting, Cash management, Treasury etc
- Bachelor degree in Information systems.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.