Job description / Role
To be accountable for ICT applications on the technical and operational levels, maintain ownership of the Design and different interfaces and integrations between various systems, ensure availability of systems to both internal and external/public user. Handle necessary upgrades and updates to existing systems; manage the road map for applications going forward.
• Develop the application layer framework plan.
• Develop Application layer diagrams.
• Ensure test plans and testing scenarios.
• Ensure MSI (Master Systems Integrator) application design and work with MSI on understanding all application layer.
• Develop interface standards to the application layer with a set of requirement.
• Create an application data schema common to the application layer.
• Design and implementation of all applications, systems and sub-systems to interface at the enterprise level.
• Coordinate with architects on a technically complex integration program and keep the Architects informed and briefed of risks, issues, quality, cost and time information for incorporation into the Program updates.
• Report any application gaps or integration issues to ICT PM in order to address such to the MSI staff
• Manage complex environments technically, with a heavy emphasis on ICT Applications and integrations, delivered as a service.
• Provide application utilities to internal and external customers.
• Define data schema and understand field and attributes.
• Manage data focused on application handling:
• Review applications interfaces: Understand interface vs. adapter vs drivers
• Review Schema: Data element schema
• Review data sets: Data set transformation and application integration
• Prepare scope of work documentation for new applications, upgrades and changes.
• Perform basic project management activities for on-going application packages.
• Develop an applications roadmap drive the planning of the continuous development of the applications scheme.
• Ensure all required operational measures are in place to sustain non-disturbed operations for the applications.
• Coordinate with all team members to ensure infrastructure, security, hosting etc… are compliant to applications requirements.
• Have a very good understanding of the business requirements to ensure applications are enhancing the business efficiency.
• Manage vendors and suppliers to ensure services are delivered as per standards, quality and SLA.
• Respond to business user requirements in relation to application.
• Perform any required modification to current programs to adapt to new business requirements.
• Update design documentation to reflect any changes performed on the applications.
• Perform required trainings to business users on existing applications.
• Generate reports and dashboards as per the business needs.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the ICT field with knowledge and understanding of real estate operations and smart cities.
• 7 - 9 years of post-qualification experience in ICT with proven track record in large scale centralised property operations environments.
• Strong Understanding of the full SDLC life cycle and SDLC programs and testing methodology
• Strong knowledge in FM systems, and Smart Cities
• Strong knowledge in Application and data architect, IT structured methodologies and data architecture, IT Portfolio Lifecycle Optimization, Service Delivery (ITIL), Applications integrations, and Data streams, packet performance and integration.
• Strong understanding of data architecture, XML, UML data format and applications. Have done some software development at some point during career
• Strong knowledge of web based applications development, web sites and mobile application developments.
• Ability to develop web pages and mobile applications for different platforms (iOS, Android).
• Hands on experience with multiple programming languages (SQL, Java, html, JSON, etc).
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support (Reliever)
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
IT Professional (Qatari)
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Senior Infrastructure IT Engineer
Ernest Hathaway Associates Ltd
Technology Strategy Manager - Management Consulting
Network Architect / IT Tech Lead
Qatar Project Management (QPM)