Job description / Role
We are searching for a Speech and Language Pathologists, fluent in either Arabic or English to join our team.
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Working with the age group (0-18) with various diagnoses such as Intellectual Disability, ASD, Down Syndrome and Developmental Delays
- Carrying out standardized assessments.
- Preparing assessment reports and therapy goals.
- Creating lesson plans.
- Providing Speech and Language Pathology intervention in 1 to 1 sessions or small groups.
- Writing daily therapy session reports.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team, attending team meetings and case discussions.
- Participating in community outreach events.
- Working with families in our service model of Family Centered Care.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three years experience* in pediatric rehabilitation.
- Master's Degree with a minimum of one year experience* in pediatric rehabilitation.
Work experience in a licensed medical/ clinical facility.
Not applicable: work experience completed without a license from the country of practice - if licensing procedures are in place for Speech and Language Pathologists in that country.
About the Company
The Qatar Institute for Speech and Hearing - Al Wakrah, is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation center providing Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology and Special Education services to children (0-18)
The facility opened in 2017, and is the latest addition to the QISH family of centers licensed by the Ministry of Public Health in the State of Qatar. We conduct assessments and provide intervention services by licensed practitioners in both individual and group settings, and follow a Family-Based and Child-Based model of service.