Job description / Role
- Assess students and their needs
- Provide support and thearapy to students in both Arabic and English
- Diagnose speech difficulties
- Create written treatment plan
- Collaborate with the learning support team and teachers in order to create an active learning plan for students.
- Actively work with the early grades to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency.
- Know the many diagnostic tests available and be able to administer and interprete the results of those tests.
- Provide speech therapy to students identified with special needs.
- Track progress for all students receiving therapy.
- Actively work within the framework of the IB system in order to support teachers in the planning stages of their lessons.
- Current and appropriate certification.
- BA or BS degree required, M.A. preferred.
- Degree focused on speech-language pathology courses that cover anatomy, physiology, and the development of the areas of the body involved in speech, language, and swallowing; the nature of disorders; principles of acoustics; and psychological aspects of communication.
- Experience in a school setting highly preferred.
- Idealy, our PT would be Arabic Speaker with training that would allow them to work with Arab students at a glance
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).