Job description / Role
This position is for professional with experience in on the development and implementation of renewable energy policies and regulations including issues on climate change and energy efficiency in consultation with relevant KAHRAMA and Resident Missions (RMs).
• Advice on the development and implementation of renewable energy policies and regulations
• Lead and provide information and analyses towards the development of policy and strategies for renewable energy, including issues on climate change and energy efficiency in consultation with relevant KAHRAMA and Resident Missions (RMs).
• Contribute substantial information and analyses to interdepartmental working groups on the renewable energy section.
• Promote renewable energy practices and provide an expert advice to the renewable energy section and stakeholders on renewable energy aspects.
• Review specifications, estimates, feasibility studies, tender documents, and work schedules.
• Conduct stakeholders’ consultations sessions
• Promote renewable energy awareness via events such as presentations and workshops.
• Draft comprehensive reports on best practices and lessons learnt and recommend ways for replication or scaling up.
• Create plans, concept notes, policy briefs, proposals, and recommendations on accelerating renewable energy development.
• Dissemination of lessons learned and best practices to policymakers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Incorporated key technical, economic, social, financial, and crosscutting issues into programs/projects, technical specifications.
• Analytical reports describing the impact and progress made relative to program objectives, identify any gaps and emerging; operational issues, and formulate recommendations for program improvement.
• Review renewable energy tariff structure and be able to develop tariff structure based on various applicable factors.
• Compare performance against established goals for environmental performance, and financial savings
• Consolidate information and provide a list of potential energy savings projects, capital investment required, forecasted energy and greenhouse gas reductions, and proposed funding mechanisms.
• Provide justification to senior management in order to secure sufficient resources for project implementation
• Perform any other duties relevant to renewable energy aspects upon request of Head of section
Education and Experience:
• Electrical engineering degree, master’s degree or higher in energy, economics, policy, or
related fields from a reputable university
• 7-10 years’ experience in renewable energy policy/strategy/regulations (especially in solar, wind, and other renewables). Experience in GCC countries is a plus of
• Experience in advising utilities or governments on renewable energy strategy, policy, and energy economy with a focus on solar.
• Experience in financial incentives instruments for renewables such as REC (Renewable Energy Certificate) systems, FiTs etc.
• Experience working with various stakeholders and multidisciplinary tasks.
• Should demonstrate high skills, problem solving, analyzing, research, program developing, team building, conflict resolution, communication skills and experiences.
• Project Management skills including planning, risk management, team management,
developing project’s activities, monitoring and follow up, and time management.
• Able to work on projects both individually and as part of a wider team.
• Enough experience and competency in relevant computer software and analysis tools
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
About the Company
We are Qatar’s licensed professional Human Resource Recruitment Service and Staff Outsourcing firm committed to serving our valuable clients with the highest standard of excellence and professionalism in a legal, ethical, cost-effective and timely manner. Our employment services covers all levels of professional experience and a wide range of industries and willingly assist companies of all sizes.
Thus, we are dedicated to building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates whilst living by our core values; Integrity, Excellence, Commitment & Determination, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation and Change!
At United, we take our obligations towards Quality at the same time, taking care not to conflict with those policies of our clients and the government authorities in Qatar and other countries. This ensures that provision of manpower fits in seamlessly with the operation of our clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Wind & Solar
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)